SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_957086788

Keep As Is, Paint, or Remove Paneling

Jeff T.
2 years ago

I have a quick question regarding the attached pictures of the light colored paneling and wainscoting in the hallways and kitchen of the home I have recently acquired. The kitchen and bathrooms have stained oak cabinets that are a little lighter in color of of the trim color. Plan is to remove the wallpaper in the hallway and kitchen areas and texture and paint to match the bedrooms that are a texture and paint finish. There has nothing been done to the home for updates and looks the same inside just as it was built in 1981, was the home of my mother. Home is in great shape, no children have lived in the home during these years other than a grandchild’s visit.

Here are the questions,

1.leave the paneling as is, or

1. paint with and/or without filling in the spaces in the paneling, or
  2. completely removing the paneling, but this seems like a major cost with little return on the financial side. I can send a picture if needed for your review.

Please help me make the correct decision, wife says paint without filing in the spaces. The jury is still out for me but I said I would get the help needed to make the decision.

Thank You,

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations