SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

What's for Dinner #399 January/22

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We've reached 100 posts finally so here goes.

I made potatoes in the air-fryer, melted shredded cheese, then drizzled ranch dressing. Breaded pork chop and sauteed broccoli and dinner was done. The a/f sure makes quick work of cooking potatoes.

WalnutCreek, a lot of people, you included make bacon in it, but I've yet to try it. It doesn't fly around? :-)

Comments (100)

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    2 years ago

I made falafel, DH made pita.

2 years ago

Well, heck, I posted a LONG post last night, and it just isn't here. (sigh)

That has been happening to me as well. If i post too much copy chat i get some diluted posts that do not load properly. A time-suck i don't have time for.

• Related Discussions

January Garden Journal

Q

Comments (10)
    "Might put a blanket over the spring spinach after dinner." Hi vgkg, I am curious about your "spring spinach", don't you sow after spring? I had some that I sow late fall, they are not ready yet, but can I also cover them with blanket or thin leaves pile, so they will come back next spring? But then, don't they bolt and flower quickly? This is an unusally warm winter, much of my greens are still standing, I am still cutting them for use. I suspect more of them will survive this winter, but I am not sure about its quality after spring. Sorry to join this discussion late, was out of town.
    ...See More

SS Support, Mon. Dec. 31st through Sun. January 6th

Q

Comments (34)
    BJ, quitting coffee cold turkey is soooo difficult...I know I couldn't do it, then again I don't drink that much each day either..but you do live in the coffee capital so that makes it tougher yet...oh boy. Amy - I have that book by Dr. Oz and while he does use the "D" word what is said in it makes so much sense...basically nothing we don't already know but sometimes it helps to see it in on a page in black and white. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. Suzanne - no snow here just cooooold!!! Weird thing is it's supposed to get up near 50 by Sunday, very warm for this time of year. Flu is the pits - sounds like you are doing everything you can for it...((feel better soon)). Jen - glad to see you posting again! Bet the girls enjoyed Christmas. Milkdud, you will be so organized and I will be so jealous. Brrrrr...keep warm. Whenicit - glad to see you posting. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! Dee - have a wonderful cruise!! I am up late, for me. My bigger dog Moose got a skunk out in the yard earlier tonight. I pulled him off, called the vet and then animal control. Moose is up to date on his rabies shots and has no marks or spray from the skunk..vet said to keep an eye on him. The skunk was really hurt and left my yard and moved to the woods, then back to my yard and then over to my neighbor (not home). Animal control came and looked all around but we couldn't find it...he thought maybe it had been hit by a car before Moose got him. The animal control guy said it may turn up dead in a day or two and if I find it to call and he will pick it up - hopefully if it dies it will do it in the woods. YUCK all the way around tonight. We are fortunate Moose wasn't hurt and no one got sprayed. That was enough excitement for me so I will head to bed. Enjoy your day tomorrow... Donna
    ...See More

FOTESS - JANUARY 'Our feathered friends'

Q

Comments (620)
    **ACCORDING TO TRACKING ALL LITTLE PRIZES HAVE BEEN DELIVERED** Thank you Amy, Shirley, Susan, Annie, Nicole, Jeanne, Urooj and Renee for letting me know you have received them. *Miss Woodpecker … X 5 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1 BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST BIRD SPY BINGO BIRD FACTS OF THE DAY *Miss Cardinal … X 4 - DELIVERED 2/1 AND POSTED BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS POSTING/MENTIONING YOUR STATE BIRD BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT PARTICIPANT *Miss Parakeet … X 4 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1 BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS FIND A BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT **WINNER** BIRD FACTS OF THE DAY *Miss Lovebird … X 3 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1 BONUS NEW YEARS DAY DINNER PHOTO BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST *Miss Bluebird … X 3 - DELIVERED 2/1 AND POSTED 2/4 BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS FIND A BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST *Miss Pink Spoonbill … X 2 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1 BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS *Miss Cedar Waxwing … X 2 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1 BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT PARTICIPANT *Miss Owl … X 2 - DELIVERED 2/1 AND POSTED 2/3 BONUS ROUND BIRD AVATAR BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS
    ...See More

January 2022 - Veggie Tales

Q

Comments (94)
    We've been dealing for 3 days with snow, maybe 5 or 6 inches total. And went to -2 recently. When the skies are clear and it's too cold to snow it goes way down, and then we get more snow with a much warmer temperature. Take your pick. I blew the snow off the walks and the car with a snow blower. I ordered seeds today from Baker Creek. Four different lettuce varieties, none of them the Black Seeded Simpson I always grow. So I went to pay with a gift card and noticed there was a very small balance, enough to order one more package of seed. So I added Long Island Cheese Pumpkin as a gift to the person who gave me the card. Suddenly sales tax shows up on the order which wasn't there without Long Island being involved?? To confirm I looked at two orders I made last year, no sales tax?? I plan on growing the 2 eight foot rows of Black seeded Simpson and 4 half rows of the new lettuce looking for tasty lettuce that perhaps doesn't bolt till later than the BSS. I wouldn't order the seed but my heart problem seems to be disappearing. I'm getting no where near the shortness of breath and have much more energy.
    ...See More
  • annie1992
    2 years ago

OK, I'm trying for the THIRD time tonight. Ugh.

I got sea beans in my Misfits box too, a tiny little package of interesting but very salty green stems. They're interesting, but I won't get them again. Your dumplings look really, really good, BTW. I've been thinking of you and your family.

Neely, I'm slow cooking too, but your gnocchi and cheese looks nice and creamy, something the Princess would love.

Jasdip, I've got to try a chicken in the air fryer. I roasted one in the oven, but I never even remember that I have that air fryer any more, I've wasted so much time fiddling with it. So far I've found that it's good for fried chicken, LOL.

Lynda, your bread looks perfect. And I had to smile at the carrot, our gardens just get away from us, LOL, looks like some of mine last year.

Nekotish, I like beets and you remind me that I have some golden beets in the fridge that I need to use, and a red cabbage on the counter, I'd better get cooking!

Rob, it looks like dinner to me...

So, here goes. I made some English Muffin Bread, I've been having it toasted for breakfast although I made it to go with soup....

And I've been waiting for 26 minutes for one picture of bread to load, so I'll try again later.

Annie

• annie1992
    2 years ago

OK, pictures. Again...

Bread:

This is the vegetable "mulligatawny" that went with the bread. It was very good, lots of veggies and some red lentils, I'll keep it in the rotation:

We had hamburgers for a quick supper:

Some chicken, roasted in the oven, served with a wheat berry salad and Peppi's red cabbage that I canned last fall . I still have to try to roast chicken in the air fryer.

OK, I'll try one more, then make a new entry. Cornmeal waffles with a kind of creamy garbanzo shakshuka, eggs cooked in the bean/cream mixture. It was really good, although the waffles were a little too thick and dry.

To be continued!

Annie

• annie1992
    2 years ago

Well, that worked, let's try some more!

Chicken breast stuffed with cheese and rolled with bacon, that was Elery's recipe. The grandkids loved it, after all, there was bacon, LOL. Served with home canned green beans and roasted butternut squash from storage, left from last year's garden.

I "corned" a venison roast and cooked it with cabbage and carrots. The vegetables were a bit too salty, but the venison made some awesome hash.

I got my misfits box, the soup was the penny item. I didn't care for it, it was kind of weird in texture, like the vegetables were ground and not creamy or pureed. The stick blender didn't help, I ended up dumping it in the chicken bucket. Kosher salt seems to be a "shortage item" here, so I was happy to find it at Misfits, and I've taken a liking to those purple sweet potatoes, so I buy them often:

These are the sea beans, I've snacked on a couple and put some on a salad:

And I'll go on to the next post....

Annie

• annie1992
    2 years ago

Turkey breast, rolled and stuffed with dried fruit, with mashed potatoes and more roasted squash:

Hatch chili chicken sausage with last summer's corn from the freezer and mashed potatoes. I liked the sausage a lot, bought it last year at Costco and separated it into smaller packages. Of course, now it's gone, and my latest trip to Costco (the first since last year) came up empty. Go figure...

I made the venison and broccoli again, using a different recipe and less soy sauce. i cut it down to 1/4 cup, but it was still too salty for me, I'll try again.

Roasted vegetables (notice the purple sweet potatoes and parsnips from Misfits?), along with some roasted salmon.

Having an overflow of eggs, I made a souffle with corn and mild chilies, with a side of the vegetables from the corned venison and the rest of the wheat berries, sauteed with some spinach, onions and garlic.

And finally, a spinach salad with berries and a few of those sea beans, and a dish that Elery made. A layer of polenta, topped with "pizza toppings", which included pizza sauce, mozzarella, onions, mushrooms and chopped ham. I was not a fan. You can call it grits, or you can call it polenta, but it's all mush to me, LOL. Amanda was happy to have the leftovers, it's as close as she's gotten to pizza since she's found out she was celiac. She'll eat the cauliflower crusts, but she doesn't really like them, so this was a nice change for her. I think it would have been better if I'd have put it in a hot pan and made the bottom a bit more crunchy.

And so, after much work, I'm caught up!

Annie

2 years ago

I lost track of my great cornmeal waffle recipe. It used to be on the back of the Bob'sRedMill corn flour bag. (might be on their website)

I liked the soup but not straight from the carton. I made a killer Japanese Chicken Curry using it. A friend with teens made a ground beef boulonnaise adding some Rao's marinara. It had good ingredients except for the cane sugar. Lots of veg though. The texture became smooth once uder some heat for a while. I had three cartons but all gone and into pint freezer lunches.

Misfits sheet pan roasty. Beets, brussels, romanesco, sweet potatoes, fingerlings, and saute of fennel, chard---baby steaks.

2 years ago

Last nights Kombu Dashi Shrimp and Dumplings with Tofu.

This has been at least twice a week using a bit of beef, merguez, boneless skinless chicken thighs or shrimp. Sometimes dumplings or rice noodles.

Explained really well in this Kenji video though ramen broth has a bit more ingredients.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wow, your perseverance showed up in spades, Annie. I hate it when I type something long and it goes poof for no darned reason.

Your mails were all terrific! Your bread is perfection in itself. Yeah, I can see that chicken breast would taste wonderful. LOL

Last night browned some sausages, then sauteed onions and peppers. Cut the sausages into rings and cooked them some more in a spicy sauce of brown sugar, red-wine vinegar, tomato paste and some guochang (sp) paste for kick instead of the sriracha. Served over brown rice (and some on top).

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

Had a good dinner last night, even though the rice was a bit too wet. Cajun spiced salmon cooked in the AF, breaded okra in the AF, and poblano rice in the IP.

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    2 years ago

Happy Luna New Year, Year of the Tiger.

I have been very busy to post. Still not too late, Luna new year holiday celebration lasts 15 days. :-)

Many dishes were made, but only one survived for pictures. Tiger shrimps for Year Of The Tiger. Lots of red color for good luck.

I guess everyone liked the dish. Nothing left except a dirty platter .

dcarch

2 years ago

I'm with Annie about not caring for certain chicken parts, especially wings. My last local farm share box last month included legs, three packages, and a package of wings. Semi-customizable, i did ask for a whole pasture raised chicken---but mostly beef. Wings were not on the order but guessing they filled the order for the 'pound' amount. I never weigh my box but they tend to be generous. Hense the wings in the order.

I thawed them to go into a back burner stock a couple weeks ago---then decided to give it a go. Not bad at all. Not that i will seek them out but better than expected.

The legs i Frenched/lolipopped. Never purchase just legs. Maybe once years ago. A few party packs for a BBQ last minute nervous i may need some extra protien. Frenching deals with the annoying spaghetti tendons i dislike.

Dry/rub brining uncovered in the fridge for at least 6 hours, (better overnight), gives such a nice crisp, even in an oven to roast. Dry brining takes the wet moisture out of the skin.

A tutorial, chicken lollipops

Last nights SuperBowl kick-off legs.

The legs and wings i did a couple weeks ago.

As Annie cringes i'm with you. I will still avoid these parts like the plague/(covid)...but if some family members like them---this is a good method. If they end up in my farm share in the future i will not hesitate as DH loved them. No flabby skin or stringy tendons.

The link i posted shows them on the grill. I bet great in a smoker. (Lynda)

• annie1992
    2 years ago

LOL, Sleevendog, I don't avoid them, I toss them into the stock pot, wing tips and all. I'm just not going to EAT them. (grin) Makes a great gelatinous stock and I haven't found chickens yet that I can raise with extra thighs and no wings. I'll let you know when I figure THAT out! :-)

Elery made lobster bisque for supper. It was good, but not very thick because we wanted to share with Amanda and with the no gluten requirements he just skipped the thickeners altogether. Kind of seafood centric, but we also had pan seared halibut, something I seldom buy. We were both happy and I didn't take pictures.

Annie

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Your chicken looks delicious, Sleeve!!

I have to get used to our different versions of chicken legs. Our chicken legs are the actual quarters.....leg and thigh attached. We call your legs drumsticks. I love drumsticks! I never buy wings, they're too expensive with the meat/bone ratio.

Our local independent store often sells drumsticks (your chicken legs) for .59/lb and I stock up.

• annie1992
    2 years ago

DCarch, I could eat 5 prawns myself!

Jasdip, here we also have "legs and thighs", if they come together it's a "leg quarter". We also call legs "drumsticks", though, so I guess we use both.

Annie

2 years ago

They are drumsticks here as well. I never purchase so i called them legs from the leg and thigh quarter. We roast two whole small chickens or boneless skinless thighs only. Covid has given us different cuts in the farm share.

I don't have many texture issues but flabby skin and slimy drumsticks with stringy tendons are an issue. I did like that the wings were called a 'party pack' so they were 'flats' and the other nuckle type. If it happens again they will be stock most likely. Or a DH lunch treat.

Last night was easy. RG bean club delivery so beans and rice with the extra 'drumsticks'. Trying not to freeze to many meals and use what needs using right away.

New bean called Whipple.

Last nights easy meal. Beans and Rice.

And the Valentines card i sent from across the room via text...lol

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Sleeve, I Looooooove your Valentine card to your sweetie!!! LOL

• nekotish
    2 years ago

I wish I had seen that card in time. I keep telling my husband, that even though we have been married forever, somethings are just private...

• John Liu
    2 years ago

We had a friend in town, staying with us for a few days as she does meetings, Zooms, and calls. She is running for Congress and that involves lots of tightly scheduled calls with Important Donors And Endorsers. I made clam linguine with shiitake mushrooms, sous vide lobster tail with Gran Marnier, and SWMBO made a Caesar salad. However it was all very rushed because she had exactly 30 minutes to gulp down food before the next call. So I couldn’t take any photos, except this shot of the leftovers.

SWMBO decided to call this our Valentines’ Day dinner. We didn’t have dinner last night because I brought home her Valentine’s present, and we forgot to eat.

Her present was - stand by to be overwhelmed with romance - a used car. Her 2006 Toyota Prius has 250K ish miles and is on its last legs, on her last drive between Oregon and California it drank a quart of oil every 500 miles and conked out 25 miles from home. So she needs a new car. But new cars are crazy expensive right now. Okay, how about a newer used car? They are even worse. I can’t see paying $9,000 for a 2012 Toyota Yaris with 125,000 miles, any more than I can see paying $70,000 for a mid-range Tesla, BMW, etc. Both seem ridiculous, although the latter is also a heck of a lot of money.

What was the solution? SWMBO got a mid 1990s Mercedes that has been so pampered that I can hardly tell it’s not just a few years old, with a thick binder of service records from new showing that everything that needs doing has been done. She used to have, and loved, a Mercedes coupe. This is a sedan, because, well, we’re getting to that sedan stage of life.

It is now the youngest car in our fleet :-) Yeah, I like old cars.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I love that, John!! Yes cars are insanely priced. A friend who's daughter's BMW got written off, had the insurance pay $9K more than she paid for the car 2 years ago.

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    2 years ago

" annie1992 - DCarch, I could eat 5 prawns myself! ----- "

Not a good idea. You have to leave room for the other 6 dishes I made. :-)

dcarch

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    2 years ago

Y'all are looking amazing!

Last night was basic, but good. It's rare I find a recipe I don't change at all. Chicken and wild rice soup.

• petalique
    2 years ago

All of your dinners look so lovely and delicious. I have no idea how you find such energy day after day. Sometime I hope to taste samphire.

Today I will make another pizza w fresh basil and dry fried Chinese style green beans with pork. A couple of weeks ago, I experimaented and yried making Peking Duck but it was more along the lines of Cantonese Roast Duck. For the next attempt, I think I have a better recipe design. It helps to have a duck with the head and neck still on it.

• petalique
    2 years ago

That same week, I also made moules —

I have to get Mytilus edulis to grow in the back yard.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

Had a ribeye last night and could eat only 1/2 of it. Several weeks since I had steak and it sure was good. Cooked it in the AF, a steam baked potato in the IP, and a romaine, kale, and radish salad with blue cheese dressing. Yummm. BTW, those pills on the tray are out-if-date ones to add to my little bag of pills to take to our town's roundup for proper destruction of medicines.

• neely
    2 years ago

Lots of great cooking going on. Love moules.

Cooler weather saw us having a good old beef stew with mashed sweet potato.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Very simple yet satisfying dinner. Montreal smoked meat on a roll with fries and pickles.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Drumsticks baked in the oven, brushed with hoisin glaze. I added Gochujang paste to it as well. Super good.

Soooooo, my friend invited me to come to some dances. For widows and widowers. I really want to, but I'm self-conscious of the Covid weight I've put on. Do you think that can be overlooked in favour of my sparkling personality? 😣😁

• petalique
    2 years ago

Go for it, Jasdip, if you’d like to try it. While I understand about weight gain, keep in mind that many of us are in a similar boat. You’ll be going to dance, have fun, meet some new people, boogie to some good music. You’ll never know what it’s like if you dont give it a try. Have fun.

Your chicken look yummy, btw.

• Lynda (Zn9b/23 - Central CA Coast)
    2 years ago

Jasdip, You should go for it. Other than my perpetually skinny 13 year old, everyone I know has gained weight in the last two years. No need to be self conscious, we are all in the same situation, and I am sure some of them are nervous too.

• nekotish
    2 years ago

I agree with the above posters. Who hasn't gained a bit of Covid weight? Plus, I think most people over 40 realize that it's not the package, but the contents that are important. You seem to be such a positive, independent, kind person - you're a catch!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

My dinner last night was really good. Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, and green beans all cooked in separate IPs. Biscuits in toaster oven. Finally have the best temp for biscuits in my toaster oven determined. These were fully cooked with brown top and bottom. Still learning to cook for one. Very seldom use induction cook top or convection wall oven anymore.

Had to use a salad fork, because all the dinner forks were in the dishwasher still to be washed, and I was too tired to pull one out and wash it.

Have decided to have some of the leftovers tonight instead of preparing the meal I had planned - it was just so good, I have been thinking about it all day.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    2 years ago

jasdip, you're the most beautiful person I've ever known! Go! Enjoy yourself, you deserve it!!!

From Saveur magazine, 2007, I finally made it. It took me so long, they retired and closed the business (New Orleans)! Shrimp Uggie. The marinade is supposed to sit between 2 and 7 days, and I picked three. It's quite good, maybe I'll try longer even.

https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Shrimp-Uggie/

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

Last night made an omelette on the fly. Sauteed a leek in a bit of butter, diced up some ham and added, beat up eggs, crema, a few grind sea salt and black pepper, stirred in some parmesan cheese and poured over leek/ham mixture in skillet. Cooked until eggs had only a small circle in the middle of slightly wet looking egg. Slid into plate and folded over. Had sourdough bread toasted with it. It was truly good.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks so much for the support!!! 💓The dance is coming up, I'll keep you posted. :-)

I tried Ina's Bolognese recipe last night. I'll make it again, but cut down on the tomato paste next time.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Rob, I saved the link to your shrimp recipe.

I air-fried some drumsticks with couscous tonite.

• neely
    2 years ago

Such good meals everyone. Two yummy ones just above this post Jasdip.

We also had pasta, Spaghetti and meat balls.

Also had miso soup with soba noodles, egg, fishballs, thai basil, vietnamese mint and chilli

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

Again forgot to take a picture last night. Made a simple beef stew in the Instant Pot and baked a bisuit in the toaster oven. Very good and very filling.

• annie1992
    2 years ago

Jasdip, definitely go! Anyone who overlooks you doesn't deserve you anyway.

Oh yeah, we NEED updates, don't forget.

Supper? Yeah, that. We had some roasted romanesco from today's Misfits box, with some kale salad and Italian sausage. It's been busy here, even more than usual.

Annie

2 years ago

My last box was heafty---two boxes. No cold pack but lots of veg we go through pretty quickly. I do let the crisper get thin before ordering. About every two-three weeks now. So easy to ignor and order when needed. They have a habit to send something not ordered recently---kimchi paste i would never order at that price since i make my own.

I'm sending a box to mom and pop with family visiting in rotation.

About once a month. Different profile with cheeses, soups, snacks. When my sister flew in late at night last week and starving she had lots of choices without shopping for a few days. My parents live in a food desert---no WholeFoods or TJ's within a 100 miles. Good farm stands but not in the winter months.

I've never come across asparagus as thin as chives, 😂. (fresh and the tips are tight) Not bad though. We have been snacking on it raw. And into a frittata. I ordered the miso broth to help dad about what to add but my sister is there and knows what to do. I only buy the paste form myself. I sent them three boxes and pop seems to like it with a ton of added veg.

Endless veg noodle bowls recently. Miso broth. Mushroom meatballs.

Fritatta Sunday, side salad

Burger Friday--side salad of fennel, celery, red onion...mini 3 oz burgers but a good small treat.

2 years ago

Last night we had MardiGras red beans and rice with a messy salmon fillet that stuck to the pan---still good. Side snack veg and such good avocadoes from Misfits. So dense and creamy with tiny pits. Rare to get a bad one.

• neely
    2 years ago

Yummy meals there Sleevendog.

Walnutcreek, beef stew with biscuits, sounds like a delicious meal.

I’ve been very distracted from cooking of late. DH had medical problems and I’m relieved to add he’s now properly on the mend. Also I am the proud Nana of another dear little granson. His older brother welcomed him home by saying ”G’day mate, I’m Artie your big brother” He’s 2 and half.

A couple of dinners have been honey soy pork loin and vegetables.

The below was a basic crumbed chicken wing and vegetables

After quite awhile of not doing any baking I made a pear tarte tatin to use up a few ripe pears. I made a simple yoghurt pastry which I had seen made on some tv show

The pastry is so easy...

4 tablespoons of flour

2 tablespoons plain yoghurt

1 dessert spoon caster sugar

Mix together, turn out onto floured surface, give a little knead to bring it togther, sprinkle with flour and roll out to make a quite thick pastry round.

2 years ago

Cute and congrats. Good to hear DH is on the mend.

Nice and fresh looking meals.

I forgot to post my MardiGrasSlaw. Spicy ginger lime sesame dressing. Made some nice lunch veg bowls with grilled tofu

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

G'day mate. That made my day!!! Congratulations Neely!

• Lynda (Zn9b/23 - Central CA Coast)
    2 years ago

Made my day too! Congrats Neely!

My busy season has been fast and furious this year, leaving little time to cook. The good news is that it is almost over.

I will catch up on a few things being served in our home, although some are more my DHs effort than mine. I love seeing all the great meals being made in your homes.

smoked pork ribs with our canned plum sauce, served with coleslaw

Orange chicken with lemongrass rice and bok choy

Ceviche

DH's smoked tri tip and coins...my contribution is the homegrown salad with feta

..and of course we had to have sushi for Valentine's Day

2 years ago

We are so starved for sushi i did a quickie friday night. I did dive in with confidence, 😂.Oh well, but the flavor was present. Note to self...watch a video the day of. Still good with the proper ginger and wasabi.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

Had three small pieces of mahi mahi, I had frogotten to put in the freezer, so decided to air fry all three of them; spritzed liberally with butter, a bit of salt, and Old Bay. Decided to also air fry a frozen product I had not previously had which was Pictsweet Grilling Vegetables - they were so good - highly recommend them. Made polenta in the Instant Pot and cooked a bit too long for the first time ever, so polenta was a bit thick. But, all-in-all, it was a good dinner ( I ate only about 1/2 of it).

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I had no earthly idea what I wanted for dinner last night so I took a frozen chicken burger patty out of the freezer and made that on a bun. Sauteed mushrooms and peppers and fried potatoes to go with it.

Saturday was the dance!!! I met my friend and her friends at the venue. The place was full so I just stood at the entrance until she saw me :-)

I immediately was welcomed into the fray (9 of us at a round table.

I don't drink and drive (I drink seldom anyway, except wine with my meals on weekends, that's my treat). So I drank ginger-ale.

I was dancing with the 3 gentlemen thru the night. One asked me what I thought of so-and-so. I said he's very nice. This fellow said that the consensus by others at the table is that we'd be a good fit. I was flattered and laughed as I sure didn't want any of them to think I'd chase him. He is very nice, and has the look I like.

He and I had a number of dances, and the final dance, It was encouraging when he just grabbed my hand and said let's go; and we went on to the dance floor.

The next dance we're all going to is April 9, country music. ( I love country, he likes Led Zeppelin) lol. We were talking about wearing cowboy hats, and he said he has one and he has another that I can wear :-)

So...we shall see.

• neely
    2 years ago

Sounds like a good night Jasdip... I like your steady ... we shall see.

Good looking meal Walnut creek. I don’t think I’d have the will power to only eat half.

Lynda, so nice to see your meals again especially your always generous sushi plate.

Sleeve, I’m sure your sushi was very tasty and I love the colours of Mardi Gras slaw.

Fried firm tofu with garlic beans and corn. I love this way of eating tofu.

Tofu dusted with corn flour before a gentle shallow fry.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

@neely, thank you. I ate some more of it last night. Still enough for another meal. As I age, my stomach seems to shrink.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!