SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chefjohan

Is the Hestan Ventilation hood the same as Vent-a-Hood?

Jody Dietz
2 years ago

I have had Vent-a-Hood for years and I'm in the planning stages for an extensive kitchen remodel. I was pretty sure that I was going with either the Bluestar 48-inch gas range with griddle, but something kept nagging at me. I wanted the BS power and I liked the BS burners (open), but their griddle isn't an infrared which is far superior. The only ranges that have infrared are Jenn-Air, Wolf, Miele, and this new(ish) company called Hestan! Jenn-Air, Wolf, and Miele are all underpowered for what I want. And I am definitely going with a separate wall stack with either Miele XXL or Thermador CSO (all non-plumbed), Speed oven, and a warming drawer. Miele and Thermador are the only ones that make a large capacity Convection Steam Oven (CSO).

I started looking at the Hestan Ranges and their dual-fuel 48-inch is over $17k with their all-gas version at a "doable" just shy of $14k. Their 48-inch rangetop is at a surprising $5,600k, identical configuration to their ranges. Wow, the power on this thing and the center wok/large pot 30,000 BTU burner blew me away. It is a 5 burner top with infrared individual temperature control (not just low/med/high). The burners put out an impressive 15.5k, 15.5k, 23k, 23k, and the 30k, and all are dual-stacked and can achieve 500 BTU's on simmer. Impressive.

There is just too little information out there on them, but I really am impressed with what they have put together here, even if it is a sealed burner system.

Anyway, this all lead me to the ventilation and a possible package deal. Looking at their videos and downloading their specs, it dawned on me that this has the identical Vent-a-Hood "Magic-Lung" system. 1200 CFM with two separate "Magic-Lungs."

Does anyone have any information if Vent-a-Hood indeed makes these for Hestan? Reading many, many posts on here, I see that Hestan makes commercial appliances and outdoor appliances. They just started in 2015 with their "indoor cooking line." Fulgor Milano makes the separate wall ovens and pretty much all of their other appliances are re-badged in the Hestan style and naming. From what I can find out, is that the only appliance that is specifically Hestan are their ranges and rangetops (not cooktops), which really stand out in performance and style.

Sorry for the long post, this is all so interesting and very daunting as this will be my "forever" kitchen now that I'm retired.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert