SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_873377326

How Can I Avoid A Rose Cutting Massacre?

2 years ago

Hello Community!

I know my question is one that has been answered, therefore, I apologize for the repetition. I just cannot find a straight answer on here for my situation. I reside in Michigan and am attempting to propagate a rose that I own. I got it grow in sand and perlite with a 2 liter bottle on it to serve as a greenhouse (shout out to Mike Kincaid). The condensation that formed in the bottle was great, but it is now winter, and the condensation is gone. As such, I brought the rose inside my home. It has been inside for more than 1 week. One leaf has began to turn in on the sides. I thought the cutting wouldn't make it, until I saw a new shoot coming from the top. I haven't altered my care for the plant in any way, aisde from bringing it in. I leave it in as much sun as it can get in the morning (maybe 1-3 hours tops). Here are my questions.

1. Should I be watering this plant since the condensation is gone? How often and how much should I water it?

2. Are there any indoor diseases or ailments I should worry about?

3. Are there grow lights that are affordable and easily purchased that will work?

4. Should I take the bottle off?

5. Does it need fertilizer?

6. Should I store it in my basement? No sunlight, but I've seen other people recommend it on here due to the natrual dampness of basements. It is colder down there, however.

7. Any other tips to help its survival?

I appreciate this very much. Thank you all!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County