SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisadforeman

Need advice on master suite layout with laundry

Lisa Foreman
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello! The attached image outlines the overall space I have to work with for my master + laundry, so the following will need to fit:

• Bedroom
  • Walk in closet
  • Bathroom
  • Laundry

The walls within the space are ones I drew in so those are flexible but the entrance to the space cannot move since there are stairs next to them. (Currently, the space has a bathroom on the top left, a sink in the bedroom (top middle), and laundry in the closet on the top right and the layout isn't working for us. The bedroom has extra space so I added a wall to this dedicates more space to bathroom/closet/laundry than before, which requires the entry to the room to walk into a nook, but I don't mind that to improve overall functionality.)

A few considerations:

• I don't mind if the washer/dryer are stacked if high capacity stacking units exist (I have two small boys).
  • I am fine with just a shower, no tub.
  • Ideally the toilet would be in its own room with a pocket door but I think I don't have enough space for that.
  • I'd want the vanity to be the size of a double vanity (but likely will ultimately go with one sink and the rest extra counter space).
  • Of course need a wall between the closet and bathroom but I don't care which room the washer/dryer go in I don't need walls around them.

I just can't seem to figure out how to maximize the space! Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance. :)

Comments (8)