January 2022 The CLXIII Game
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (185)
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
January 2022 - Veggie Tales
Comments (94)We've been dealing for 3 days with snow, maybe 5 or 6 inches total. And went to -2 recently. When the skies are clear and it's too cold to snow it goes way down, and then we get more snow with a much warmer temperature. Take your pick. I blew the snow off the walks and the car with a snow blower. I ordered seeds today from Baker Creek. Four different lettuce varieties, none of them the Black Seeded Simpson I always grow. So I went to pay with a gift card and noticed there was a very small balance, enough to order one more package of seed. So I added Long Island Cheese Pumpkin as a gift to the person who gave me the card. Suddenly sales tax shows up on the order which wasn't there without Long Island being involved?? To confirm I looked at two orders I made last year, no sales tax?? I plan on growing the 2 eight foot rows of Black seeded Simpson and 4 half rows of the new lettuce looking for tasty lettuce that perhaps doesn't bolt till later than the BSS. I wouldn't order the seed but my heart problem seems to be disappearing. I'm getting no where near the shortness of breath and have much more energy....See MoreJanuary 2022 OBF Swap=Hosted by smitties 50(Margo)
Comments (96)Margo nothing like those Grandbabies. I have one just 3 weeks old, she is so precious. My oldest is 32 and now this one 3 wks old. 2 Grandsons, 2 Great Grandsons and 2 Granddaughters. Life is good. My pkg should arrive tomorrow, the PO said two days. Sorry so late but I've been potting bulbs for market and all my orders were received at the same time. So many new plants in the catalogs but I promised myself no more plants to plant in the ground. Getting old and can't take care of all of them. Supposed to get really cold here tomorrow, Sat. and Sun. Some chances of snow flurries. Oh well it is January....See MoreWhat are you reading? February 2022 Edition
Comments (141)Add me to the Cloud Cuckoo Land "the editor was AWOL" team. If Mr Doerr didn't have All the Light We Cannot See in his portfolio, his publisher would have gently patted his hand and told him "Tony, props for a grand idea but let's settle down now and focus on creating a real book". Meanwhile I started The Maid and am loving it so far. Experiencing an unreliable narrator due him/her viewing life from somewhere on the spectrum is always interesting, often funny and uniformly touching. It definitely reminds me of other books including The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, and The Rosie Project. I've enjoyed them all! Though he was never given a diagnosis, my husband is a few steps along the spectrum himself. So I quite often feel as if I'm getting a bit of a glimpse into the ways his mind works too!...See MoreFebruary 2022 Week 3- let's get this party started!
Comments (41)I had another Dr. appoint today and on the way home I had Madge stop at the Poteau Farmers Co-op. I can hardly drive through Poteau without stopping to check on their seed supply. I bought an ounce ea. of three different cucumber seeds ( just what I need, more seeds ). I also bought a 50# bag of 13-13-13. This will give me more than enough fertilizer for my two house gardens, and the wildlife garden. I use mostly compost in the house gardens. The fertilizer $24.08 with tax. The seeds were $1.00 a pack. The fertilizer was a little more than I have been paying, the seeds are the same price. I guess I may be hording, but I want to make sure I have fertilizer and seeds on hand just in case the supply chain messes up. Of course all of you know that fuel has gone up, and expected to even go higher, but groceries are going up also, which makes it worse on the ones that try to live on a fixed income. Madge just told me that someone was calling me ( it's the donkeys ). I can hardly hear, but the donkeys tell Madge, knowing that she will tell me. Yesterday when I went out into the pasture to find the stock to feed them a little. The donkeys were across the creek, about 3 or 400 yards from the house just running like crazy ( you don't see donkeys run like that often ). When I got back to the house, Madge ask me what was wrong with the donkeys? I told her that they were telling you that the weather is changing, she had never heard that, but when I was a kid, we never had a tv, and sometimes we did not have a radio. When the hoses were running like that, my dad would always say that, it seemed to have some truth to it. Dad would also say that a horse would turn its butt to the wind if it could not find cover. I never did pay much attention to that one, if the weather was that bad, I had already found cover and the horses were the last thing on my mind. All I had to worry about was having plenty of coal busted up and in the house, or by the door so we could easily carry a bucket in to keep the fire going. Well I am rambling and the donkeys are telling on me....See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEHard Winter? 9 Ways to Battle Cabin Fever
We know a lot of you are trapped where it just won’t stop snowing. Here are some ways to survive
Full Story
yoyobon_gw