SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bambi88

Australian GJ Gardner Pricing? Bluewater 530

Amber Walker
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I know the costs vary per area and finish with GJ, but from those who know more than I how much apx would i be looking at in the ballpark for the Blue Water 530 please?

Starting with my absabsolute dream property size then working my way backwards, I dont know what my money would get me building with them and have been relying on building companys who dont build in my town to gauage pricing online like Porter Davis.

Looking at a budget of 600-800k AUD for building, is it impossible? If so how many sqm/design of two story with GJ would best suit my budget with room for general upgrades? I need a master on the ground floor for when my husbands disablites are to bad to walk and 5 bedrooms total so enough room for bio kids and foster children.

Location is rural Victoria Australia

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    2 years ago

Do you mean cost in dollars to construct or the cost of having to live with a poor layout?

• Amber Walker
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The layout isnt a concern at the moment as that would all be changed, just the costs to construct a house of that size so we know where to put our expections as we don't know what size house our budget would get us apx as we havnt built before.

• chicagoans
    2 years ago

(not a pro) The house size is only one factor of the expense to build. Other factors include the shape of the structure, size of the roof, types and number of windows, interior and exterior materials used, local cost variations, availability of materials and labor, basement vs crawl vs slab, the nature of the lot (slope, soil type, whether it's connected to utilities already, is it sewer or septic)... and so many others. Trying to guess what you can afford based on cost per square foot is not very accurate.

It's great that you have a budget in mind. Maybe some meetings with builders and architects will help you get more specific help.