Is there a novel you badly want to read it but...
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (24)
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you want to compost so badly that you buy materials?
Comments (19)Barter could be a great thing for the common citizen. I injoyed the few local exchanges I've attended over the years. Were my plate not full already,I would love attempting to establishing a first Sat morn exchange at the nearby farmer's market. If you all are referring to Keurig,we have used one since Christmas. We toss them into empty 2 LB coffee containers that I saved in the past. Occasionaly I empty several by ripping away the foil cover and plunging needle nose pliers to the bottom and pulling out both, filter and coffee. I normally have enough material but here is how I handle the waste veggies from the supermarket when I need them. I carry a step ladder,an open top 55 gal barrel,rubber gloves and a trash pick-up tool in the truck when going shopping. As I leave the market I pull by the dumpster. 90% of the produce waste is in wood shipping crates and if not covered very deep can be pulled to where I can grip with my hand and remove from dumpster. Everone understands that part but what about being questioned about the act? I say that I'm aware they don't give the stuff away and I plan leaving the place as clean as I found it. Were anyone to start non-sense about liability of me becomeing sick from eating it,I will show them the groceries and recept to set them at ease. I only had to deal with that issue a few times in 30 years. The employee never pushed the thing except one time. I didn't remove any more nor put any back when she threatened calling the cops. I apoligized for upsetting her then left. Were the police ever involved and gave me a ticket,I plan asking for a jury trial. I fully expect the city would drop it but if a jury found me guilty,I've had worse happen. I know some would be crushed over a scolding for dumpeter diving but I have fairly thick skin plus a real dislike for how liability is over the top and become a monkey on our back at every turn. Does anyone believe a street person can get a judgement against a store because he ate spoiled food from their dumpster? That's why the manager can't invite you to take the stuff but isn't likly to prosicute you for taking it without permission. Just don't create a mess,that's mostly why dumpster diving is frowned on....See MoreI CAN read, but.....
Comments (7)Thanks, Robert, for your quick feedback. Well, I went out back and tiptoed over to the pot, brought her in and lo and behold, I had forgotten that I had planted two bulbs in the pot! They are "HUGE" -- large naval orange size -- with offsets/bulblets (newbie, here, remember?) and nice and firm. So, washed off old soil (it was rather moist since we've had near monsoons around here!), roots looked great, although lost a few of those in separating out the bulbs, cut off the last of the foliage, and planted them in their individual 8" pot to be kept inside in the sunroom. I'm hoping to get blooms in the winter, but if indeed they are or are going dormant, as you suggest, then likely not? Whatever happens, I'll surely plant them in the ground next spring, much closer to the house so they get the attention they deserve! Thanks! Yasmin...See Moreanother chicken?-i read the book, but?
Comments (15)I can highly reccommend Murry McMurray, also. I have had excellent and very healthy birds from them. Been ordering for years. One hatchery near Kansas City said they ship day old chicks all the way to Moscow...so what we do is no big deal. Good idea to ask your PO to call you, so you can pick them up, though. I really don't like the idea of them riding around in a route vehicle with the widow open even though I order for delivery the last week of April. Have your brooder all warmed up in advance, so they can get food water and warmth as soon as possible. DPallas...they love fresh goats milk when they first arrive. My grandmother would feed her chicks the excess milk....yum...nothing like milk fed fryers....See MoreHave you ever had one of these moments while reading a novel ?
Comments (36)I have attempted to read a truly dreadful book which I cannot throw anywhere as it was a gift, but as soon as decently possible I'll pass it on to a charity shop. The 'story' called Code Girls set during WWII is about a group of females sent to a large mansion to supposedly learn the 'art' of cypher breaking. But our three heroines are cooks/skivvies working in the kitchens. They are all endlessly describes by their brown/hazel/green/blue/flashing eyes, their long floaty/curly locks and their curvy/slim/long-legged figures. They giggle endlessly and their merry laughter 'tinkles' from dawn to dusk. I am rather hoping Hitler drops a bomb on the lot of them. The 'author' also makes several basic clangers . . . getting the name of the Prime Minister wrong, describing the vehicle driven by handsome local vet (he of the golden chest-hair and brown muscular arms) as a battered 'Land Rover' some ten years before it was designed, plus others too boring to relate. Many females reviewers at Amazon loved it!...See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESNovel Ways With Bedroom Books
Reading and relaxing go hand in hand. See how designers are incorporating mini and all-out libraries in the bedroom
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Strategic Buys for a Sophisticated Reading Nook
Give a nook for books smart style with the right chair, shelving, lighting and accessories
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLWhat Bad Habit Is Driving You Absolutely Nuts at Home?
You may be noticing some unfortunate behaviors in the people you are sheltering in place with. Share your struggles!
Full Story
HOME INNOVATIONSConsidering Renting to Vacationers? Read This First
More people are redesigning their homes for the short-term-rental boom. Here are 3 examples — and what to consider before joining in
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: Cozy Up Your Reading Spot
Losing yourself in a good book is even better with these ideas for reading comfortably all around the house
Full Story
LIFEWhat You’re Reading This Summer — and Where
Check out Houzzers’ summer reading lists and get some ideas for your own!
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME15 Cozy Book Nooks and What They Want You to Read
Put the beach reads away; these comfy spaces are creating a fall reading list. What books do they suggest to you?
Full Story
salonva