SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristan_milam

HELP! Need ideas for tiling angled shower ceiling!

Kristan Milam
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Adding shower in a finished attic bathroom. There was no way to avoid an angled ceiling or a beam in the shower. This is how they finished off the beam and ceiling.

Now I am at a loss for how to tile this area. Whole shower with ceiling needs tile bc this beam area is directly across from shower head and will get wet, cannot leave as just painted.

My idea was either larger format tiles like 8x24 or 10x14 to cover the boxed in beam with as few grout lines as possible. Or doing small mosaic sheets over beam and ceiling area and then standard subway or 4x4 on walls.

Tile guy doesn't like either of these ideas (thinks mosaic won't adhere on ceiling) and wants to just do 6x6 tiles all over, but then the grout lines will definitely not line up from walls to this beam area and I think that will look awful.

And no matter which tile is used dealing with the corners of the boxed in beam is a challenge.

I need ideas and input!! Please help!

ETA - Just had another idea - penny tiles! They would have no orientation at all so seems like a great solution. If I can convince him to do a mosaic sheet on ceiling. Anyone else ever run into problems doing that?

Comments (6)