SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mr_bill_m

Either my odorata or my smeller is broken

Bill M.
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Last year I was fortunate enough to be gifted a couple of clipping of hoya odorata from one of my friends on here. after rooting them and planting them up, I placed them outside in my GH, where they grew phenomenally. In early Sept some time, they were brought back inside where they continued to grow and start to produce peduncles.

After what seemed like years, the peduncles formed, buds formed and finally one opened up. I couldn't wait. Like the little kid who all year wants a train for Christmas, he ran down stairs and checked under the tree. I did the same. I jammed my nose in the flower in the early morning, late morning, afternoon, early evening, late evening and finally at night. Nope - nutten. Nada. Ungots. Zip. Zero smell. Either my plant of my smeller is defective!

BTW - that little kid? Instead of finding a train under his tree, all he got was a lump of coal and a note which said "maybe next year Billy, when you've been a better little boy!".

Have any of you had this experience whereby a plant you thought was fragrant didn't produce the fragrance you expected? I love this plant and am eternally grateful for the gift. I will continue to grow it out and maybe some day it will reward me with it's fragrance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored