SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eyedesign1

Mountain home colors

Stephanie D
2 years ago

We bought a mountain home that we will be updating from 90's beach vibe to modern mountain lodge vibe. The home was built in the 90's and while in good shape, needs some updates. The home features a two story living room which opens up to the dining room and kitchen. The kitchen cabinets are in good shape but they are a pink stained oak. The kitchen counters and backsplash were recently updated with black granite and black ceramic floor tile was installed. Both the counters and tile are in great shape so we'd like to keep those. I want to paint the cabinets to bring them more in line with our mountain lodge vibe. I was thinking dark gray or sage, but I'm looking for other ideas and would love some more specific colors to try. We will replace the hardware with ORB pulls and knobs.

Since the kitchen is open to the dining and living room (it's all one big room really), I'd also like ideas on what color to paint the walls. I think I want to keep the walls light, especially if we go with a darker color on the cabinets. We plan to replace the carpet in the living/dining room with either wood or luxury plank tile, and also update the fireplace with barnwood mantel and maybe stone, dark plaster, or wood panel all the way to the ceiling behind the fireplace. We'll replace the canned lights with updated led canned lights, and add a chandelier in the dining room (as well as a rustic table in the dining room).

Thanks in advance for ideas/inspiration photos. (Note, in the photos below the granite and tile look lighter than they appear in person. In person they are more black than gray).

Comments (9)