SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game----SOLUTION!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I hope you aren't running around with too many errands today. This puzzle should keep you occupied.

Comments (45)

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, Jasdip this one looks fun!

Number 8 has given me the first laugh of the day😆

Thanks

• bpath
    2 years ago

Ooh, variety puzzles in the middle! Got 16 and 18 but I always take longer with the likes of 15 and 17.

Roxsol, I agree, 8 is fun.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Every time I’m about to put it down for now a new one comes to me. Right now I’m missing 4, 6-9, 12.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Ok maybe I got 8. I’m chuckling so I might be onto something.

[deleted the rest of my comment as it might be a hint- too early]

• User
    2 years ago

And number 5, Canadians and UK folks, remember wiggle room🙂

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Huh? You mean because they spell neighbor wrong?

(got 9)

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, I’m talking about pronunciation.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

That was my first guess but i googled the British pronunciation and didn't find anything different.

• bpath
    2 years ago

DH and I have to clarify to each other which pronunciation to use. It helped him get this one. He’s from north of the border, I’m from the lower 48.

On my first go round I got only 6 of the 14 perimeter puzzles, my worst record! With DH (and coffee) beside me, I got a couple just at a second glance, working together we got a couple more, and he got a couple. We still have a few to go.

Still working on 15 and 17. DS is good at patterns, I’ll check in with him when he gets up.

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, for the letter ’z’?

• blfenton
    2 years ago

roxsol - I needed the reminder so thanks

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Yes, roxsol, I’ve searched high and low and can’t find any problematic differences. Even found a video of Nigella Lawson using the word!

ETA - Strike that!!! Suddenly I get it!!!

(And I got 7, too!)

• bpath
    2 years ago

Yep, just got 7.

As predicted, DS got 15 and 17 at a glance. Now I have 17, he says I’m on the right track for 15. I’m out of coffee!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Hey Everyone! Busy few days here - don't even remember if I saw the solution to the last puzzle - will go back and check later. Meanwhile...these are different and fun! I think right off the bat, I'm going to concede 15 and 17 - I don't think my brain even works that way!! As to the rest, I think I have everything except for 12 and 18....will come back for another look later on.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

YIKES! Just now took my first look at this, kinda scary! Think I need brace myself and try again.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

blfenton, (nothing to do with puzzle)

Oh my goodness! How much more can BC take?

Wishing you well. Stay safe.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

roxsol - Thanks for the kind thoughts. We're fine where we are. I just went for a walk along one of our local rivers and I've never seen it so fast or so wide. One of our favourite running trails has been washed out in one section so it is closed for the long term. This is nothing compared to what those who live an hour from me in Abbotsford are going through. They're going from bad to worse. All the highways out of Vancouver are closed again. Another storm coming our way on Tuesday.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

With fresh eyes I just got 12. Was just about to say that I’m not happy with my answer for 1, but as I’m typing came up with the missing piece, I think. This leaves me confident with all but 4 and 6.

• User
    2 years ago

I’m stuck on 17 and 4 seems too obvious. I’m fairly confident with the rest.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

roxsol, I doubted my answer for 4 at first for the same reason, but I can't come up with anything better, so I'm sticking with it. I have 18 now, but still not 12....?

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, 12 is a good one, it don’t come easy, though.😉

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I’m not happy with my answer for 4 either. Seems too easy. And I dont have 6, 12, 16 or 18. Maybe i’ll study these more later and something will pop out.

• bpath
    2 years ago

In Wednesday's game, I thought High Hurdles was too obvious, too. So, go for it.

• User
    2 years ago

Okay, I just got a better answer than I had before for 4. I thought of a puzzle we had not too long ago🤓

Just got 17. Yay!

I feel pretty confident with all now.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

LOL - roxsol - thank you! Got it!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Well, I just wasted precious minutes thinking roxsol was referring to 6, not 12 (before I had my coffee), when I’d already gotten 12 yesterday. That’s not a hint, by the way. Can’t be.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I must have OD'd on turkey the other day, my brain seems to be taking a nap. Still don't have 4, 6, 9, or 13. Not sure of 15 or 18, either.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, I’m sorry bpath that you thought 6. Definitely sorry. Yep Yep, sorry without a doubt. No mistake I’m sorry.

(kind of a hint to 6)

• bpath
    2 years ago

Well, your apologies are for nought, I don’t have anything yet. Have to ask Ds for a hint on 15.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here you go......Scroll by, if you're not ready yet.

1. All worked up
    2. What goes up, must come down

3. Case in point
    4. Paradox

5. Nosy neighbors
    6. No two ways about it

7. Bar exam
    8. You are full of baloney

9. Wisecracks
    10. Things are looking up

11. A word to the wise
    12. Ringo Starr

13. High-fiber diet
    14. Gridiron

15. An upside-down A completes the sequence;
    turn the page upside down to see the letters E I O U.

16. E, M, and W should be in the third row:
    The capital letters in the first row are formed
    with two strokes; the capital letters in the
    second row are formed with three strokes...

17. The next figure is: MM
    Starting with I, the sequence is each consecutive
    capital letter with its mirror image attached to it.

18. Each word contains three consecutive letters of the alphabet.

• User
    2 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip!

This one was super fun. Loved the variety puzzles. I finally got them all but it was a real brain workout. 🤠

• User
    2 years ago

Huh? You mean because they spell neighbor wrong?

FOAS, we spell neighbour differently from you.🙂 Not wrong. 😄✌️

• bpath
    2 years ago

well well, I certainly didn’t get Paradox, i just had ”doctor, doctor”. I do NOT like ”no two ways about it”. I get it, but I didn’t get it, so I don’t have to like it lol! Never got anything for Wise Cracks. and High Fiber Diet? That’s just too obscure!

For the middle ones, just before I looked at the Solution, I went to DS. I held the tablet in front of me, facing him, and asked for a hint for 15. He looked up at me and said ”just look at it”. I looked down at it, now upside down for me, and POW.

This ws fun, jasdip! I liked the variety puzzles in the middle, even though 15 and 17 I’m never very good at. So I like having them to try!

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, I had doctor doctor for ages. Then I remembered a puzzle we had a while back and the answer, I think, was ’paramedics‘ or ‘paradox’

17 came quickly as we’re still working on our Lego Titanic and there is a lot of mirror image construction (port/starboard) on it.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Funny, my immediate thought was paradox also, because I remembered it from that other recent puzzle - although Doctor Doctor (even more simple!) probably should have occurred to me too since I think it was one of my contributions to a recent Friday Night Music thread!

I got everything except for 15 and 17 and now that I see the answers, I’m mad at myself for not even trying because I surely could have gotten 15. I would never have gotten 17, though.

Thanks, Jasdip - fun!!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I sure didn't do very good on this one! Missed 6, 9, 12, and 13, and all four of the center puzzles. It was a fun one, though!

Rusty

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I only got 12 correct this week. For Gridiron I did Iron on patch.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I think we had Iron Grate, instead of Gridiron. I think we had Iron Grid for a moment, we should have turned it around.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I like the regular puzzles better. I didn't do this one but casually looking at it, I would have done poorly.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

4. Paradox: Ugh yes we did gave that in the para puzzle. In addition to “doctor doctor” that others had, I considered ”second degree,” ”two degrees,” etc.

6. No two ways about it: I was so close. had the “about it” part but the best I had was ”knows about it.” I knew it was wrong.

8. You are full of baloney: Ok this one I’m annoyed about. I moved too far away from the actual words and had ”up to your knees in cr4p.” I didn’t like it but people were laughing so I talked myself into it.

Rest I got. Not too bad. Sometimes I don’t like the variety but this one was fun!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas, I like your "knows about it" and find it valid. I'll give you points for it!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

“FOAS, we spell neighbour differently from you.🙂 Not wrong. 😄✌️”

Of course I was kidding, roxol, don’t get

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Up-zed, FOAS?

• User
    2 years ago

Lol, I wiggled🙂

Good 1.