SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

What don't you have?

lucillle
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This is from Kathsgrdn's thread saying she did not have Covid. (Yay!) Many people give thanks daily for what they have, sometimes one needs to give thanks for what they don't have.

I don't have (now) Covid, I don't (presently) have any aggravating husbands, I don't live in a high crime neighborhood so don't fear going outdoors, I don't have a high maintenance lifestyle so I'm not always running around doing maintenance. What don't you have?

Comments (37)

• roxanna
    2 years ago

Increasingly as time goes onward, I don't have much hair left on the top front of my head. Grrrrr. I am shortly to be able to frighten young children...

I also don't have the slender body form I once had, nor do I have a lovely singing voice, or vertical height.

Otherwise, I do give thanks that I am not dead yet, nor is my DH of 53 years, that neither of my kids are degenerate in any way, and my grandkids have never been written up by the police.

lucillle thanked roxanna
  • Elizabeth
    2 years ago

I am deeply grateful that neither DH or I do not have any serious illness or disabilities. Some BP meds and some arthritis but we are very healthy and able to be very active. Thankful for that.

lucillle thanked Elizabeth
  • floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

I don't have any health issues myself or any in my family. For that I'm grateful. I don't have a dry basement. For that I’m not at all grateful.

lucillle thanked floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
  • nickel_kg
    2 years ago

I don't have an aggravating job anymore! I don't have a 30-mile one way trip to the 'burg for shopping and restaurants. I don't have to worry about my Dad's failing memory getting him into trouble, because he's moved to the Memory unit and is happy there. As of tomorrow morning, I won't have a big stack of winter clothes clogging up my house because DH and I weeded through all our hats, coats, etc and have a pile to donate down the road. Clean house + helping folks = double good.

Clever thread, Lucille, thank you for starting it!

lucillle thanked nickel_kg
  • User
    2 years ago

I don’t have health issues.

I don’t have any debt.

I don’t have an aggravating husband. I do have a nice one, though. 🥰

lucillle thanked User
  • jmm1837
    2 years ago

I don't have any health issues that can't be easily managed. I don't have to get into a car to go to the supermarket or the beach (or my favourite pub, where we're going tonight to celebrate our anniversary😊 ). I don't have to worry about debt, snow, or people in the streets carrying guns. I don't even have to worry much about Covid, given low incidence rates and high vaccination rates here. And I don't have to worry about basements, wet or dry, because we don't have them here in Oz. I am a bit concerned about the possums I can hear on the roof at night.

lucillle thanked jmm1837
  • amylou321
    2 years ago

I do not have a lot of stress in my life generally. I DO have a rat in my attic that I suspect has caused lots of damage that will cost a fortune to repair and that is stressful, but in general, my life is little to no stress. My job is usually not stressful day to day. I have no kids to worry me. My SO is very very good to me and is a rock to lean on.

I do not have a difficult boss.

I do not have health problems, physical or mental.

I do not have crushing debt. I have debt, but nothing that stresses me out.

I do not have tolerance for negative nonsense. So I am immune to people trying to guilt or gaslight me,

I have no "give a hoot." So I am comfortable being me, and that makes me happy. I find that a sadly high number of people I know concern themselves about what strangers or even people they know think about them and therefore conform to things to make others happy. I do not have that problem. I am going to be HAPPY dang it, and if someone thinks I am weird, well, they are not wrong so no need to be upset about it......

lucillle thanked amylou321
  • Lars
    2 years ago

I don't have a basement (wet or dry) and never have had one. I've only ever been in one basement (at a friend's house in Vancouver) that I can remember.

lucillle thanked Lars
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

I don't have to work any more. Esp during covid, I was delighted to be able to stay home and stay safe.

I don't have any debt.

I don't have any problems with my DH or my marriage.

While there may be regrets with having no family left, there are also a lot of worries I don't have, drama, and stress that can be associated with families, no matter how loving.

lucillle thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I also don't have a basement, and never have had one.

I don't have a husband, having lost mine to a terminal lung disease in March, and I won't ever have another one. Too much baggage....I have too many dogs, cats and horses.

I don't have any grandchildren. I have a daughter, and she and her husband are childless by choice. They do have a cat....but just one cat, and I am proud of her for that...just having one.

I don't have any debt.

I don't have any health issues, except for arthritis, but although it has slowed me down, I have not ground to a halt. I have a lot to do taking care of this place and the animals and I don't have time to slow down.

I don't have very many relatives. I was the youngest of my family by 16 years, and my mother, father, sister and brothers, and their spouses have all passed, as have several of my nieces and nephews.

I don't have covid, although I did have it in February. I didn't mention it here because discussion of it can get kind of out of hand. Like more than 80% of people who get it, my symptoms were extremely mild. I never ran fever. I had a dry cough and somewhat lost my sense of taste. I didn't feel fatigued and kept up with all my work. My husband didn't catch it from me. I think I got it from a woman who visited me for a week and helped me take up the carpet and put down tile. She had an incessant cough, but was a smoker. She slept in the office in the barn, I never had any fear of it and I still don't. I take all the vitamins and supplements recommended to help lessen side effects, and I do think that helped me. And if you don't mind, I have no interest in talking about it any more.

I don't have any oysters...which I usually eat for breakfast, but I am going to town tomorrow, and will get some more.

lucillle thanked marilyn_c
  • whistle_b
    2 years ago

What a wonderful thread! Thank you Lucille, for starting it. I don't have anything worth complaining about and for that I am grateful.

lucillle thanked whistle_b
  • wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

I don't have anything broken or serious injury. Got thrown hard from my horse on solid ground, not footing, last Wednesday. I also don't have a concussion (my head hit also) due to my policy of always riding with a helmet. It could have been bad. I was able to get up and finish the ride. Still riding my normal schedule. I don't have unmanageable pain due to the the wonders of Ibuprofen.

I don't have anxiety issues over getting sick. Never had hypochondria and the pandemic didn't change that.

I don't have the same things as amylou321 has stated so well regarding my sense of self and any need to meet the expectations of others. I don't have the need to impress others.

I don't lack courage, grit and determination.

lucillle thanked wildchild2x2
  • samkarenorkaren
    2 years ago

I don't have good luck with picking men

I don't have a clear understanding why people believe lies

I don't have a lot of patience as I grow older...

lucillle thanked samkarenorkaren
  • happy2b…gw
    2 years ago

I do not have loneliness as my immediate family lives close by. I never have a dull moment. There is always something to do or deal with whether good or dramatic. I do not have my parents, but have lots of good memories which keep them close. I do not seem to have the willpower to draw myself away from the computer, so I can read all the books in my stack more. I do not have a robot vacuum but considering one.

This one is for @marilyn_c, I did not have time to go to the local restaurant for $1 a shuck oysters. Much to my chagrin, I missed it every night this season. I hope you enjoy your oysters. I never thought to have them for breakfast, but thanks for the idea.

lucillle thanked happy2b…gw
  • Rose Pekelnicky
    2 years ago

I don't have my wonderful husband because he passed away 8 yrs ago. However he left me in good shape financially so I don't have debt or money problems. I don't have any serious health issues.

I do have 4 wonderful children and 3 beautiful little grandchildren.

lucillle thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • Elizabeth
    2 years ago

A helipad

lucillle thanked Elizabeth
  • seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    2 years ago

Elizabeth - hilarious!!

lucillle thanked seagrass_gw Cape Cod
  • User
    2 years ago

Yep, hilarious Elizabeth! Thanks for the laugh.😆

lucillle thanked User
  • Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

I don't have anyone in my life that might want me dead (that I know of). Watching too many missing/murder videos lately.

I don't have that monthly horror that I did when I was younger. Had a lot of pain until my son was born by c-section and they cut a lot of nerves.

I don't have to drive to work and back home this winter!!!! No more scraping ice and snow off my car at work. I do have to go in every 3 months to do my bls, though.

lucillle thanked Kathsgrdn
  • pudgeder
    2 years ago

I don't have the winning lottery ticket.

• Bothell
    2 years ago

I don't have anything to complain about.

I don't have any health problems

I don't have to worry about how to pay for a place to live or food to eat.

lucillle thanked Bothell
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

happy2b, when I married my husband, he had an oyster boat and he oystered, as well as shrimped, for many years. He always brought me fresh oysters. I only like them fried. I used to make oyster stew for my mother, and I might like that now...should try it again. I found some oysters up here....not on the coast any more....that come from a friend's oyster house, so I buy them by the pint. They usually last me about 3 days. I don't always have them for breakfast. Sometimes for lunch or at night. I keep thinking I will get tired of them....but not so far.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Basements are rare here too but we live in a very old house with a vault under it.

Another one. I don't have a car.

lucillle thanked floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
  • littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    2 years ago

I don’t have financial or health worries, for which I am extremely grateful.

I don’t have a job I have to go to either, for which I’m grateful too.

I don’t have fancy stores or restaurants or cultural/entertainment venues that many of you have at your fingertips, but I do have a deep appreciation and love for rural USA. I’m very content to live ”where everybody knows your name.”

lucillle thanked littlebug zone 5 Missouri
  • chisue
    2 years ago

I don't have debt, nor anyone financially dependent upon me, nor am I dependent on anyone. I don't have to toil or push my old body beyond its endurance.

I don't feel unsafe where I live.

I don't have to put up with noise. (Moved 20 years ago to gain peace and quiet.) I don't have obnoxious neighbors or needy acquaintances.

I don't have to travel far for daily needs, library, health care -- nor to see family.

I don't suffer from loneliness. My caring husband has kept me smiling for 57 years.

I don't lack for entertainment, including the KT!

I don't know what I've done to deserve all this.

lucillle thanked chisue
  • nicole___
    2 years ago

chisue....I so relate. I "have" the obnoxious neighbors AND needy acquaintances. ☺ Yours is a "Charmed Life".

lucillle thanked nicole___
  • lily316
    2 years ago

I don't have a large family anymore. I have no siblings and neither does my husband. I always wished for one especially a sister. Growing up I had aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents but sadly all are dead except for one cousin on each side who I never see. I'm fortunate to have two good kids and their two children. Small is better than having no one.

lucillle thanked lily316
  • bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

I don't have a bottle of Dom ...

lucillle thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • sprtphntc7a
    2 years ago

i don't have the need to please anyone, which i did when i was youger.

i, thankfully, don't have $ issues, which can be devastating.

i dont have an argumentative, overbearing, male chauvinist DH. would not have married if he was, thinking i would change him.

i don't have degenerate children, which i am thankful for, seeing other kids that my kids grew up with....

lucillle thanked sprtphntc7a
  • LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

I don't have the same balance in my 401K that I had yesterday.

lucillle thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • dedtired
    2 years ago

After thanksgiving, i dont have a flat stomach but i havent had one for quite awhile.

lucillle thanked dedtired
  • eld6161
    2 years ago

Ded, me too.

lucillle thanked eld6161
  • chisue
    2 years ago

I don't have siblings. I think that's primarily a loss, but there have been times I was glad not to be second-guessed, taken for granted, or (as Amylou sometimes relates) not seen as an adult.

lucillle thanked chisue
  • bpath
    2 years ago

I don't have any dishes left to wash from yesterday! Yay! The afternoon is mine! ( 3 dishwasher loads and 3 dishdrainer loads of serving pottery and two roasting pans )

lucillle thanked bpath
  • Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

I don't have a bunch of Thanksgiving leftovers to deal with. I did get a grocery delivery and made a 7-layer salad, which is delicious. I did miss the stuffing and cranberry sauce a little bit, though.

lucillle thanked Kathsgrdn
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I don't have a horse with founder. Rain has been lame, and my vet has been busy, but she came today and diagnosed an abscess, which will require some diligence on my part, but he should be okay. I found out he had abscessed with his former owner, and the vet said he probably had this brewing for quite awhile, so I hope we can knock it out once and for all. If he isn't better by Monday, there is some strong antibiotics that we can give him...doxycycline.