SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_fulton79

Need help with living room layout/furniture purchases

Anna Kemp
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We recently moved into a new house and are looking to buy new furniture for the space (not to mention I have been waiting for the right time to convince my husband to sell the enormous ugly sectional he bought before we met). I am having trouble deciding whether to buy 1 or 2 sofas, or a sectional, or some other combination of furniture. We are only 2 adults (may be trying for a baby in the next year or so), and it's important to us to have a comfortable gathering space for conversations and games with a few friends.

Based on the layout of the room, which is open concept with the kitchen, I have considered placing a sofa facing the fireplace, along with 2 accent chairs; or doing 2 sofas with the second along the wall. But there seem to be endless other options. We will be mounting the TV over the fireplace, and it's important to us to be able to comfortably watch TV.

Here is a photo of the space with our existing furniture, and some layout options I have considered. Please note that we have already ordered a 9x12 rug to better fit the space :) Any advice appreciated!

Comments (14)