SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_493968581

HELP!! Please with deck/porch stain and patio decisions/ideas

HU-493968581
2 years ago

We are having a large deck/porch built on the back of our house. We live on a hill and so one side of the deck is significantly higher than the other. We have opted to have two open decks on either side of the screened in porch (they are creating a gable roof). 2 questions

1. what color deck stain would look good here (we have the Behr products but aren't sure which to choose - we got samples but don't even know if we're on the right path) - it's pine. we have brick and to make matters more difficult we have an addition that does not match the original brick (we didn't realize how much until the old deck was gone.

2. What ideas might work for the patio below the deck- i don't like the idea of huge retaining walls and landscaping. i like the idea of a series of steps or something like that. I was thinking some sort of travertine so that it's not crazy expensive and is cool in the Carolina sun.

any help is much appreciated - i'd hate to choose something with my limited knowledge and then regret it.

L

Comments (2)