SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
venexiano

Induction cooktop synced with hood (hood starts when cooktop starts)

venexiano
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi,

since I sometimes rent my property, and since I am creating an open space concept (tearing down 2 walls connecting kitchen, family room, and entrance) I would like to make sure when my tenants cook the hood is on so that the smell/grease doesn't get caught up by new furniture walls etc.. I sometimes forget myself to turn on the hood when I am on my phone or distracted. So this is a MUST HAVE feature in my opinion. I see that Thermador has a feature called Cooktop Hood Sync, and as the website says it enables control through Freedom® Induction Cooktop. However, I don't wanna spend $5000 on the Freedom induction cooktop. I am looking for a $1000-3000 induction cooktop that can pair (with Bluetooth or infrared) to a $1000-2000 hood, and it starts when the cooktop starts. Electrolux seems to have this feature under the name of hob2hood, but I can't find much online except for this youtube video. Some models also have a heat sensor that changes the speed fan (I think Electrolux does), but having the hood on at max speed when cooktop is on would be perfect for me, then if i want i reduce fan speed manually. Anyone has a brand that allows for wireless pairing between hood and cooktop and can share their experience? I see no reviews online.

Comments (5)