SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Help me Chandelier size /style for my Dining room ?

salonva
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Trying to decide on a new dining room chandelier.
Currently we have a builder grade type basic chandelier and I know that just changing that fixture will do so much good. You don't really see the dining room from the front door, but you do see the light.

My dilemma is- the dining room is a small-ish room that is open to the living room. There used to be a half wall between the 2 rooms but we removed that and it lets things flow some much nicer.
The dining area is roughly 14 by 10, but there is a walkway in the 14 ft so it's really probably more like 12 by 10.
I have a table with 6 chairs ( I do have a leaf and could seat 12 but since we have downsized, that will be the exception).... Table is 39 inches wide.
I have seen a few drum fixtures that I really like but trying to decide on size. I could still consider a different style, but so far, the drum ones are calling my name.

There are 18 inch diameter, 20 inch diameter and 24 inch diameter.
Any wisdom to share? The fixture that is there now is approx 24 inch diameter, but it's much more "airy" as compared to the drum fixtures.

Here are a few of the drum fixtures I am considering. I would love some feedback. Several are available at different websites but I am just linking with the first one I found for convenience.

The current fixture is approx 24 inches diameter, but it's a very lightweigh looking one so that's why I am unsure as to me the ones I am considering have more heft or presence.

Thoughts? and thank you

1-This one is 20 inch diameter

never mind editing because it is from the forbidden website so I will delete this one.......maybe then my post will go through?

2-This is similar but is 24 inches
https://www.houzz.com/products/hampt...w-vr~149978393

3- This one comes in both 18 and 24 inches. I really like it but it might be too much for the space. ( also since I dawdled, it's of course gone up in price and barely available but want your opinion on style etc).

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Livex-Lighting-Cartwright-6-light-antique-brass-pendant-chandelier/1003247546

Comments (23)