SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sunday Brain Game----SOLUTION!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I think I really have you stumped with today's bonus.

Comments (49)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

8/12 first view and no clue on the bonus.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I dont have the bonus or B3 and C2. Pretty sure of the rest.

• User
    2 years ago

Oh! I think I’ve got the bonus😊

I’m still lying in bed and looking at my phone. I need my iPad to see the others.🤓

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Don't have A1&2 or B3 - I think I have the rest - except for the bonus...

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Six out of 12 jumped out at me, but I'm just on my first run through, haven't even finished my first cup of coffee yet. (Stayed up reading way too late last night). No clue on the bonus yet, either.

Rusty

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Think I might have A1 & 2 now...

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Same as OutsidePlaying - bonus, B3 and C2 are escaping me. Will give them another look later.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

May have something for C2 but not sure at all.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Aaahhh….I just got C2!!!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Still missing B2, C2 and the bonus.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I have something for C2, it's kind of far-fetched, but if it's right, it's clever! Also not sure of A2 and B3.

The only thing that comes to mind for the bonus doesn't really 'fit', so I'm pretty sure it's not right.

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

Wow, it’s been a busy day and I’m only now looking at the puzzle. I think I have them all but the bonus. And I’m probably wrong on at least two of them.

• User
    2 years ago

I’m pretty happy with all my guesses except for B2. I have a guess for it but I feel there has to be a better answer.

B3, I have two answers but I like one way more than the other.

🎃

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I just woke up, rubbed my eyes, opened this thread, and the bonus popped right out at me. At this point I have an answer for everything but am not happy with or convinced of all. Esp A2, B2, C2.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I wish the bonus would reveal itself to me, FOAS! I’m pretty confident of all the rest except B3.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I got nothin' for the bonus too...

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I have something for the bonus now - not sure if it’s right, and since it hasn’t been 24 hours yet, I won’t ask a question which answer may give it away.

B3 is still escaping me. I can see the word, but cant quite come up with a phrase that agrees with how it’s depicted.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Letters, I agree. same with the bonus. I can see ‘see’ something, but not quite there.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

This morning I'm pretty confidant with my answers, gonna stick with the 'maybes' I have for a couple of them, except the bonus. Just drawing a blank there. The 'maybe' I had for it last night is a no go this morning.

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

Okay, foas, don’t keep it all to yourself, how about a hint? although, judging from past experience, you already gave a hint lol

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

My answer for the bonus (which I’m still not entirely sure of) is a song — does anyone else agree with that?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

i was ready to a few hours ago but no one had asked. Now it’s too late for my hint. If I were on the west coast? Nah even that’s too late. It’ll work in Hawaii in an hour or two though.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

And I suppose the answer I eventually came up with for B3 works, although I won’t be shocked if it’s wrong. I’m pretty sure about everything else.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Got it! (I knew your first announcement was a hint)!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Yay! Now i get the bonus! Funny, I used to play and sing that song a lot years ago.

• User
    2 years ago

My guess for the bonus is not a song but I think I know where some of you are going with that idea. 😺

My guess is a single word.

Well, I guess it could be 4 words, but I like the single word answer the best. They both have the same meaning.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Song?

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, I know we are on the same page and I believe it will be the answer.

I had to think about the song clue for a bit and I can see where it is coming from. It’s not a bad answer, either. 🐈

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Yeah, roxsol, it looks like you do know where we were going with that, and since I’d love nothing better than to get that song out of my head, how about another hint for your single word?

• User
    2 years ago

Hmm, as FOAS said it’s kind of late in the day for a hint.

Today, as the sun was rising would have been too early and noon time would have been too late.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Aaaah….got it. Thanks.

Once again, over-thinking earns you very little here!

• bpath
    2 years ago

A song? Once Jasdip posts the answers, you'll have to link a recording.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I don't know if Rusty's post was a clue but reading it helped give me an answer.

Actually I have two answers and now I guess I have to choose which one to go with.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

bpath, a lot of time has passed since they finally stopped playing that song everywhere….I’m thinking most people may not want it revived - lol!

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, I’ve had that song playing over and over in my head all afternoon!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

A1 Elbow grease

A2. Slip of the tongue

A3. Upper deck

B1 Square deal

B2 Bicycle

B3 Meeting of the minds

C1 Microscope

C2 Seafood (all start with C)

C3 I am down in the dumps

D1 Growing concerns

D2 Diminishing returns

D3 Upside down cake

Bonus---- Middle of the morning.

Now what's that song you were talking of?

• User
    2 years ago

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, I had midmorning for the bonus. Also, middle of the morning but I liked midmorning better. 😺But morning has broken was waaaay more fun.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

@Jasdip @bpath - Morning Has Broken, by Cat Stevens. Good luck getting it out of your head now! 😀

Well, I got everything except B3…I was thinking back and forth in my mind, which I figured wouldn’t be right. Thanks roxsol, for help with the bonus!

• User
    2 years ago

And mind meld for B3

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, yesterday morning when I looked at the bonus on my tiny little phone screen, my first thought was it looked like middle of morning. I was surprised that what I saw was all there was to it.

I liked ”Morning Has Broken” and you should take full points for it.🙂🐈

• bpath
    2 years ago

Well, I don’t think Morning Has Broken fits at all. It isn’t broken, just incomplete. I love the song. The organist at our church would play it sometimes as the piano prelude music. And And, to my mind, midmorning and middle of the morning are the same thing, so full points.

Oops, I forgot I never got A2!

Instead of meeting of the minds, I had ”of two minds”, which I think also works because if you are of two minds about something, you think to different ways about it.

Thanks, jasdip!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Rusty's post had the word morning in it twice and I noticed the letters from the bonus in it which helped me with my answer of midmorning. I never got C2 and for A1 I had corner grease trap.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Letters, i also thought it was Morning has Broken.

For B3, I missed that and finally came up with back of my mind but I knew it probably wasnt right.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

We sang the hymn Morning has broken in primary school long before Cat Stevens recorded it. The words are by the poet Eleanor Farjeon. I just checked and it was written in 1931. btw I had ’midmorning’.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I had:

A2 - hanging tongue

B3 - various unsatisfactory versions of going back and forth in your mind

C2 - wavy seas which i knew was wrong and I’m annoyed now, got too hung up on the indents

I’ve done worse, I’ve done better.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Never got B3.

Had 'rising concern' instead of 'growing'.

And I did think of 'middle of the morning'. 'Morning Has Broken' is a hymn I've sung often in church, and I did know Cat Stevens did not write it. Fun fact: Eleanor Farjeon stated that the line 'Where his feet pass' refers to the blackbird, not God or Jesus, as is often assumed.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I also had 'Of two minds' for B3, but I did get the rest of them right. Except the bonus, never did get anything for it that I thought could be even close. Nothing to do with morning ever even came into my mind! Even with using the word twice in a post. I'm glad that post helped someone get it, though. FOAS gave really good hints, now that I know what he was hinting at. But I sure didn't pick up on them yesterday. SMH

Rusty

• joyfulguy
    2 years ago

"Returns" was plural in the puzzle, as reported in the answer - but claimed "concerns" was singular in the puzzle.

o j