SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine100

Comedy of errors...but not funny

satine100
2 years ago

I was scheduled for a core breast biopsy today because of a questionable area seen during a mammo. Of course I have been a nervous wreck. After getting registered and getting into my lovely gown the nurse comes to check on me and asks my name, birthdate etc and then says now this is the right breast we're doing. Umm no, its the left. Well radiologist report says right. No, I say, its the left although now Im beginning to question myself. Ok, so they will recheck the film while I wait. Ok, their mistake. The radiologist report said right. Ok, so then the doc comes in and well, he thinks that I dont need a biopsy. He will talk to my doctor but thinks I should go to the breast clinic because he thinks i need an excision and why do a biopsy if they are going to do an excision. At that point there is no way they were touching me today. I had a biopsy in the same area in 2013 which was negative. I was told by my doctor at that time that all was good. According to the doctor today the report that they sent to my oncologist suggested an excision. I had been released from the oncologists care two years prior (he had been my oncologist when I had colon cancer in 2011)

Thanks for letting me vent. My stomach is still a mess from being so nervous and upset. Now I'll wait and talk to my primary care doc.

Comments (19)