SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdisullivan

Plykea, anybody?

D S
2 years ago

I know people have asked, but I have yet to see if anybody has used Plykea fronts for their Ikea cabinets? Their photos look gorgeous and the samples they sent are by far the nicest (compared to Kokeena and Semihandmade). I wonder if the exposed edges are problematic. They are originally from England but have just opened in San Francisco. I absolutely love their look. They seem very sturdy, but I worry that the plywood doors may warp.

Comments (6)

• lynne3450
    2 years ago

I think the exposed edges are edge banding?

• D S
    Original Author
    2 years ago

From the sample, the exposed edges are plywood layered edges. They look super cool if you love plywood.

• jdesign_gw
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The mulit-ply is a pretty stable material as long as you balance both sides equaly. We make the same type of doors here (LA) for Ikea cabinets as well in many different materials. Laminates, linoleum and several wood veneers.

Heres a few.

• D S
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@jdesign_gw thanks! Good to know.

• lynne3450
    2 years ago

@jdesign_gw what is your company called here in LA? When we started our reno we searched high and low for cabinet makers in LA who did plywood kitchen cabs and came up short.

• jdesign_gw
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Please send me a message through this houzz website so we follow the rules of this fourm. Thanks.