SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Useless, wasteful mail

3katz4me
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Today, like many days, all my mail was junk mail. After I get it I stop in the garage and put it all in the recycling bin. Today I got five pieces of medicare junk mail - three from the same outfit. The other two were from the same place and I've already received probably 100 mailings from them. Every day it's five to ten pieces of medicare junk mail including some addressed to the previous resident who hasn't lived here in over six years. I got some river cruise junk mail - have received many, many of these over the past couple years. It died down a bit during early days of Covid but it's ramping back up. Got a religious newspaper I never subscribed to and that I never read. Got a local magazine that is so worthless (nothing but ads) that no one subscribes to it any more so they have to give it away. And finally a solicitation for tree service - I live in an HOA and I'm not responsible for the tree maintenance. So with all this carp in the mail it now takes a week or two to get a birthday card or the rare snail mail bill payment to the desired recipient. I think this is truly ridiculous and not a case of me just getting old and crotchety......

Comments (22)