jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game----SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (51)

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Same but I have something for D1 and the beginnings of something for C1 (I think).

• User
    2 years ago

Working on b2, d1,d2. Bonus came right away.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Rox, it did? I was going to put in a warning that the bonus is a toughie.

• User
    2 years ago

Jasdip, the fun never ends. Maybe I’m wrong but I like my answer.

Some just hit you as soon as you see them. That was one of them.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Need B1 (but in the meantime it’s making me giggle), C1 (I think I have something but i need to refine it), C2, D2, and of course the bonus.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Got D1 and D3....now just B1, C2 and bonus. Busy rest of the day today - hope to come back to it before morning.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I got the bonus right away as well. I am missing several others but have not had my coffee yet.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I MIGHT have the bonus. Something jumped out at me right away, but I thought ”naaah, that can’t be it”, but maybe it is.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I have something to work with on C1 and D1, just need to convince myself. D2 and bonus have me stumped.

• User
    2 years ago

Still working on b2 and d1. Finally got d2.

• User
    2 years ago

I’m thinking about something for b2 but the shape needs to be slightly different, so I’ll see what else comes to mind.🤔

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Just got D3.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

B1, C1, and the bonus. The rest came easy. C1 seems like it should roll out easily, so I’m working on it.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

New day, fresh eyes. I think I’ve got them all except perhaps the bonus. I have an answer that I’m not 100% convinced of as I’d have drawn it differently.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

roxol - I wouldn’t overthink the shape of B2. Remember how funky pi has been.

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, that’s what I thought about B2. As you’ve said, give some wiggle room with these puzzles😀

I think I’ve got them all, too.

To me, the bonus is drawn perfectly. It will be interesting to see the solution.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

AHHHH -- I just got the bonus! I was coming here to say that I didn't think I'd ever get it when it suddenly hit me. This is never-ending fun! And with that, I think I have them all - yay!

• User
    2 years ago

SPOILER ALERT (maybe)

lettersatoz, I believe we have the same answer but humour me with this; my father loved making up punny definitions for words and I know he would have liked this one.

What is the definition of (bonus)?

A wimple. 😂

• bpath
    2 years ago

I JUST got the REAL answer to the bonus! The rocking of the train must have jiggled the brain cells into action.

I really enjoy the tough ones because I can keep on working on them.

• User
    2 years ago

So it wasn’t a milk run, bpath?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I guess I have to keep working on the bonus as my answer doesn’t follow ^^^

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Nope rox, sorry, not following that….🤔

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

(There was a hint in my last post, though, for those reading between the lines)

• User
    2 years ago

That’s okay, lettersatoz. 😀 I get distracted easily with my own silly, endless games. They’re never-ending..

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Letters, clearly we’re on the same page but the above hints have me questoning if we’re right.

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, I think you and letters are right. I know letters and I are on the same page.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

My Internet was off most of the day yesterday (talk about withdrawal symptoms!), so I'm just now getting around to this. Think I have them all but the bonus, not even a 'maybe' for than one yet! Think my brain is still recuperating from the trauma.

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

Not a milk run, but we did go past a dairy. And a chocolate factory. I should love to live next to it, smelling chocolate constantly, with every whiff. I hear it runs 24 hours a day! (I made that last part up.)

• bpath
    2 years ago

Okay, need hints for C2 and D2. Anyone?

• bpath
    2 years ago

Okay, just C2. I changed my element words for D2 and it suddenly hit me.

• User
    2 years ago

Eek, I hope you’re okay, bpath.

• User
    2 years ago

C2, I’ll try to help but I wouldn’t gamble too heavily that my answer is correct.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Roxsol, I was pretty far, so yes, I’m okay.

I think DS got C2 in a flash. I should reward him, but not too much.

• bpath
    2 years ago

B1? anyone? trying to figure it out is making me go b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Think of those b’s being BaseBalls… hit low and hard. Maybe to second.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Ah! Got it! Thanks foas!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I think I have 'em all but C1.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

SPOILER....Scroll on by if you must.

Crossfire

Too good to be true

A day late and a dollar short

Beeline

Division of labour

Hidden treasure

A change of plans

Break the bank

Go for it!

Shifting gears

Point blank range

Spreadsheet

And.... Nonstop. Did you get it?

• bpath
    2 years ago

I had all kinds of similar answers for ”change of plans” and I think they all work, so tons of points for me there. And I had ”broadsheet” instead of ”spreadsheet” which DS got. I’m an editor, he’s a data guy, so points for both is us lol.

I DID get the bonus!

• User
    2 years ago

Yes, the fun never ends!

My punny definition for my dear old dad was ”nuns top” (nonstop)= wimple. 🙄

Okay, you had to know my dad, he loved puns.

Thanks, Jasdip 🤠

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oh my. I thought all the hints for bonus were non sequiturs. “nons equator”, it was cut off at the equator. I wasn’t thrilled with my answer but the hints gave me false confidence.

I also had ”no good plan.” 😢

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I didn't get the bonus and for C1 I guess I went a little overboard and had Best laid plans go astray.

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, for what it’s worth, I think non sequitur is pretty clever.

Points for creativity!🤓

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I actually got them all right! Even though D2 did take some thinking to get it worked out. And, believe it or not, 'non stop' jumped out at me almost immediately when I first looked at the bonus. But I thought no, that was wa-a-a-ay too easy, too simple. After all, Jasdip did say it was a toughie. So I completely ignored it. And wracked my brain for an answer. The only other thing I could come up with was 'non sequitur', but I couldn't make that make sense, either, so I gave up and didn't have an answer for it. Maybe I need to stop listening to my brain on these things!

Rusty

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Got them all!!! And the bonus was the last to come to me….I looked at it several times drawing a complete blank, then all of a sudden….bam!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I did not get the bonus. SMH!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm going to stop saying whether I think the hints are difficult. I should know that difficult to me, isn't necessarily difficult for you :-) You guys are pros at these puzzles. I'm sure glad I'm finding them for you to work on.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Jasdip, we're glad you are finding them for us, too! And don't stop your comments because of what I said, please. I often take things much too literally.

Rusty

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I got all but C1, but now I think I may have guessed it at first and then forgot what I guessed...😜

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’m quite annoyed I didn’t get the bonus!