SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_bablabla75

Master bathroom window: frosted, shades, or something else?

Sarah
2 years ago

Hello, Houzzers! We're building a house that's expected to be completed in mid-November. Our master bathroom has two tall windows in it, and I'm trying to decide whether to frost them, use shades, or something else.

Originally we chose to have them frosted since that seemed like the reasonable choice for privacy in a bathroom. But I started doing some research and I've read that frosted windows are dated (?). Also, we have a moderately nice view out that window from some angles, and I hate to permanently lose it. On the other hand, a friend of mine was complaining about how her master bath window isn't frosted, so she just has to leave the blinds closed all the time and she wishes she could open them to get natural light. But she can't if she wants the privacy, so frosted windows would give us the light and privacy.

Here's the floor plan. The windows in question are on the left wall. We basically never take baths, but we'll probably be walking across the room undressed frequently to get to the closets where our clothes are.

They're also quite tall, as you can see here:

We're moderately close to our neighbors, and they definitely have windows that could see right into the bathroom:

In terms of other options, we could get sheer curtains, but I think we'd still be pretty visible at night. We could get those internal shutter things like this one below, which would at least be very easy to open and close.

I guess another option is those auto-opening Ikea blinds, and then we could just set it on a timer or a light switch (I assume?).

I'm just not sure what to do. I hate to lost the view and I hate to lose the natural light, but also I want to be able to walk into our bathroom undressed and be sure nobody can see me!

What do you guys think? I'm really torn.

Comments (7)