SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_kendrick95

Don’t know what paint to choose! Help!!

Stephanie Kendrick
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone! Im in need of some advice. Im just not sure what off white paint to choose or a slightly darker paint to choose for my decor. Its for a dining room that connects to the kitchen. So all one big space. I want to lighten the paint currently on the walls and make everything light and airy without it being too cold and sterile. I am currently trying to update and slightly modernize a house that had a very outdated tuscan kitchen. We switched out the previous darker beige kitchen backsplash to a more modern white subway tile with the hopes that the granite can be changed out to a lighter color in the future. Im confused if I should choose a cool toned paint to match the furniture or if i need a warm toned paint to match the warm wood floors and cabinets.

I like BM Swiss Coffee, but am worried it will be too warm for the very cool grey blue furniture and white subway tile. I kind if like BM Dove white but not sure if it will be too white. I cant tell by just the swatch. Im open to other colors, but I dont really want to go green, blue or too beige. Ive also put up Classic Grey and Gray Mist but they were a bit to grey. I also tried Agreeable Grey but it was much darker then I want to go. Im loosing my mind trying to figure this out. Sorry for the bad quality photos. I tried haha.

Kitchen view from dining room

View from other side

Current paint samples. Top to Bottom White Dove, Pearly White, Swiss Coffee. On the right is Dove Wing.

Comments (32)