SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
hapibnbusimom

Kraus Kore Workstation KWU110-32 vs Ruvati Roma Workstation RVH8301

Rhonda F.
last month
last modified: last month

Trying to decide between two different Kraus stainless steel sinks.

• Kore Workstation KWU110-32 in stainless steel, and the
  • Roma WorkstationRVH8301 (tight radius corners) in stainless steel

And what has been your experiences with either of these sinks?

The top priorities/needs are:

• 16 gauge stainless single basin
  • easy to clean corners
  • good drainage

I know the Ruvati Roma version I'm looking at has R10 tight radius corners which should be much easier to clean but the drain is back center on a flat surface and drain grooves and I've heard it doesn't drain well.

The Kraus Kore has R0 radius vertical walls and R5 front and back horizonal walls so cleaning would be harder but the drain is back right and has a 1/2" slope from left to right to aide in draining.

1. What trade-off do I make: an easier to clean sink that pools water, or a sink that drains well but is hard to clean?
  2. Is there another workstation sink version or brand I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. And now I'm thinking of NOT doing a workstation sink and should look at the Kraus Standart PRO KHU100-32-1610-53MB. I am HATING this process of picking a sink. Everything else in my full house remodel seems so much easier than this.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    RCKsinks Inc.
    last month

Caveat: I'm not a big fan of work station sinks. I think the Standard Pro is a very well made functional sink. Good luck on your remodel!

• PRO
    Outland Construction
    last month

Low quality imports both.

• ci_lantro
    last month

I installed a Kraus Kraus KHT410-33 Standart Pro sink earlier this summer. (late June)

Be aware that this^^ is an 18 gauge sink. I thought it was 16 gauge when I bought it (and was advertised as 16 gauge). Discovered that it was 18 gauge after I ordered it and before it was delivered. So I was fully prepared to send it back.

Long story short--it is a great sink. Solid, well made, arrived in flawless condition (great packaging.) So, we went ahead & installed it and I have been really, really happy with it ever since.

I, too, had felt that 16 gauge was a must but have changed my mind about that, least ways with the particular sink that I bought.

• Rhonda F.
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you all. Just discovered Create Good Sinks. Thought it was US made but think it’s an import as well.

I really can’t spend more than $500 for a good stainless steel single basin 33 inch sink that drains well and is easy to clean. Where should I look and am I kidding myself about my requirements all for around $500?

• Rhonda F.
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you! I found the Elkay Crossover Workstation sink that I decided to go with. Has the back right drain and radius 9/18 corners. On backorder until mid October: EFRU30169RTWC

https://www.elkay.com/products/efru30169rtwc.html

• Shannon_WI
    last month

That Elkay is very nice. I hope you are not paying the MSRP that is on the Elkay website you linked. You can find it for much less elsewhere, but it does look to be on backorder everywhere.

• Rhonda F.
    Original Author
    last month
    last modified: last month

Ha! I was afraid I was going to have to pay that list price (I most likely wouldn’t have purchased it for that price unless unexpected money fell into my hands) but I found it on several sites for $500-ish so I ordered on build.com which is where I ordered most all my other hardware items. ☺️ Everyone is backordered though because they said it’s so popular.