SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie_b_

What color to paint kitchen/interior walls?

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello so we have Green-gray Bodarp cabinets, pale but warm-toned LVP, and Airy Concrete (Cesarstone) countertops which currently look a bit blue. I think the current color scheme feels very off right now because the countertops look too blue and the floor look warm grayish and they just don’t clash well— im partially suspecting its because the walls are so white/stark? (its SW Snowbound)

Any modern designers have specific paint colors that you think would be able to pull the two together and make the kitchen look better? Im leaning towards a subtle blue or a subtle warm gray (but not too warm). or maybe a color that will dial down the blue in the countertop. Also debating whether to paint just the kitchen walls or extend the color to the dining & living area. although we really like the clean white look. also we decided to paint the kitchen island SW Iron Ore.

Photos of the place, sample interior color themes of what I like, and kitchen backsplash are below.

Current look (not done painting slated island yet & the black looks a lot softer in person than in the photo):

Sample interiors color schemes I like that would be similar to mine (minus the black island):

(comparing the blue & wood furniture with the wall color, paint color seems warmer than white but subtle which i like)

This person also had gray countertops & Green cabinets, they used some sort of Slaked lime paint color for the walls

I like the green & blue contrast, visualizing if i were to lean towards a cooler end and paint the walls a blue?

We also plan to add white floating shelves around the vent hood, connected with our Kitchen backslpash below which has not been installed:

If you have other suggestions for tile please let us know.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor