SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaimi_martin

I need ideas on updating my 1980s colonial

KaimiP
2 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I am looking to update the exterior of my home. My husband and I purchased it 5 years ago. I am posting a picture of the house when purchased. We have done some changes over the years to try to give it more curb appeal but it still doesn't have a look that we are satisfied with. I am not married to any of the updates that we have already done so any suggestions are welcomed. We would like to get new windows throughout, new siding, remove the deck and add a sun room addition with an attached covered veranda to the back with an outdoor kitchen. I absolutely hate the overhang of the second floor and window box on the left front of the house. I would love to change it somehow. The only thing that can't be changed is the garage doors. The left garage bay door is fully functional but the right bay was converted to finished living space by the previous owner. I also do not like painted brick so any suggestions would have to coordinate with the brick. It's difficult to take a current photo of the entire front because the tree is in full bloom.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Comments (11)