SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

BENNETT DAYLILIES

daylilybedmaker
2 years ago

Here is my ranking of the Bennett daylilies that I grow. Now I am somewhat surprised as to this ranking, but I figured that some of the later bloomers are more fresh in my memory and that they are still blooming. More about that as I list them. I also recently found the last list that Bud Bennett mailed out and I had 12 of the 14 plants listed for sale.

1. SHOWTIME MAGIC: Great polychrome that is a consistent rebloomer for me. It is the only consistent rebloomer for me regardless of the amount of rain.

2. CARELESS DREAM: In his last catalog, Mr. Bennett said that this was the best plant he had blooming in his garden. He also noted that it was slow to increase. I think that this is the fourth year in the ground for me and it produced huge blooms with great ruffling. So it really got my attention this year. It is pod and pollen fertile.

3. SITTING COOL: Will always rank high for me. I love the pastel colors and the midrib.

4. JAZZ ME BLUES jumped up on my list due to the potential pattern hybridizing in its jeans. Did not always see the pattern, but one morning, the only two blooms that were open showed the pattern.

More in the comments

Comments (16)