SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmartinlozano

What white or light gray for this living room with vaulted ceiling?

mmartinlozano
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello all,

I posted a question a few days ago about my dining room. I havent decided on the color for the dining yet but also need help with the living. It is all part of an open plan. I painted the kitchen recently (a silvery blueish gray). I was planning to use cool paint colors in kitchen, dining and living. But if you look at the living, it has a beige carpet. Adjacent to the beige carpet the tile in the kitchen has a color difficult to describe (please see the picture). What color would be good for the dining? It shouldnt clash with the carpet, the adjacent tile or the wall color in the kitchen...

Also, I would like to paint the top portion of the walls and ceiling in the living in a color darker than the bottom to make the space look cozier.

If I could find a shade of white/gray for the bottom and then the same color but darker for the top... and everything not clashing with anything else ...

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hello all,

I am painting the different rooms in my house. The colors that were there before were warm, with a traditional look. I have painted the kitchen with SW reflection, a cool silvery light gray with blue undertones. I am going to paint the living area with SW ice cube -a very cool white with blue undertones. It is an open space plan, no separation between kitchen and living. My difficulty is with the dining room. The original look is very traditional and I like it a lot, but I think it will clash with the modern look of kitchen and living room (you can see the kitchen and living from the dining area). I will need to change the color in the dining area to something that: 1. Looks good near the modern cool feel of kitchen and living; 2. Is not boring ( I like the dining area to look elegant and more sophisticated than the rest of the house); 3. It should match the current decor of the dining area. I love the rug and dont want to change it. Also, what color could I use in the adjoining foyer (the foyer is adjacent to the dining). One more thing I want to do is change the dining room lamp to something silvery instead of golden, it will match the modern silvery look of the rest of the house. Any ideas for the lamp? Please advice!

Comments (6)