SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

Interesting covid (treatment) update here in my area . . .

Tina Marie
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It was reported this morning that a large, local medical group will now be offering the monoclonal antibody treatment. Until now, only area hospitals have been offering the treatment. The treatment is in full supply here in our area, although I'm not sure if all hospitals offer it or only certain ones. Dr.'s offices and walk-in clinics can send you for an infusion, after diagnosing covid. You must have developed symptoms within the last 10 days.

This medical group has several offices in cities/counties in our area, plus walk-in clinics. Last week on the local news it had been recommended that people NOT go to ER, but instead try a walk-in clinic, due to long waits in local ERs. I would definitely prefer to go to a walk-in!

Local covid numbers have risen to near the November 2020 rates so I am happy to see this medical group offering the treatment. I believe there is one at the medical building where I go for my allergy shot - about 10-15 minutes from home.

In further covid news, one of my precious lunch-bunch ladies has covid! You may (or may not LOL) remember "lunch-bunch" is a group of my mother's friends. Some of these ladies have gone from elementary school on with each other while some met in high-school. They are a precious, precious group who never seem (or act!) their age. The group is getting smaller as 3 (including my mom) passed away and 2 have moved out of the area. I am particularly close to one and she is who I turn to if I need a bit of mothering. After my mom passed away, just days after another lunch bunch member, these ladies later invited me and the other daughter to lunch with them and we've become part of their monthly tradition. I love them so much!! "Clara" has had the vaccine, but her and her husband both have covid. Clara is really sick, but no breathing issues so is at home. Her husband is not as ill. She went to the ER, by ambulance, end of last week and was given the antibody transfusion.

Our ICU beds are filling up and once again, many elective procedures are being postponed. : (

ETA: Yesterday our State Department of Health started with the third dose of Pfizer or Moderna for a select group of people. My best friend is a kidney transplant patient, so I am thrilled that she will be able to get this! Honestly, if it were available to all, I would take it!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!