SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbtexan

Designing with LVP at front entry

Silvey Marshall
2 years ago

I need help rethinking a 4 ft by 4 ft section of tile In front of the entry in my living room. I have white oak floors just refinished for the first time in 70 years. I should have had the contractor remove the tiles. I had an old thread on this when I thought I might be able to refinish the floor under the tiles. I have now had three estimates and all said that it would not look right without a border between the two spaces. To replace the tiles with tiles and make them flush with the wood floor, a section of the oak would have to be cut out. It's getting into too much money. Also, it's a small job, relatively speaking, and there is a minimum contractors will charge. I am now back to thinking LVP in that space. The last contractor suggested lighter planks and turning them diagonally for contrast. I would like to create some sort of simple design but I am not finding much online. Original floors are narrow planks so I'm assuming I would need to continue that with. I could use some design help!

Comments (12)