SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

A few late daylilies and general garden shots

hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I haven't taken too many pictures recently. It's either too hot to be out or I have been busy with other things. Here are a few daylilies still blooming.

TrueNorth Shy Fox belongs to our daughter. It seems to be vigorous enough and has tall scapes but I just don't care much for it. Lavender is just not my color. When I look at its picture in the database, I wonder if it is the correct plant. However, we have had a couple others that are slow to show their true color.

The next two are seedlings. Bob and I have a tough time with yellow seedlings. There are so many yellow daylilies that we feel it must be special to be introduced. An ordinary yellow just won't do.

We have hopes for this first one. It has great garden presence and a strong golden yellow color. It's on tall scapes with large flower. It is Up Against the Sun X Horns. This one was photographed after a morning rain,

This one is Fox Point X Raggedy Man.

Here are some other flowers blooming now in our garden.

The tropical hibiscus are getting going. They love the heat. This is 'Kona Improved'.

This is Tecoma stans 'Orange Jubilee'.

This is Erythrina bidwillii.

This is Vriesia retioflexa. The bloom spike (called a spike, not scape, in the bromeliad world) is pendant, not broken.

That's all for me.

Nancy

Comments (9)