I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Th 8/12/21

Annie Deighnaugh
2 years ago

Today, show me something beige/tan.

This week, we'll shift into neutrals:

Th-beige/tan

F- brown

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

--------------------------

(Welcome to my home dec convo friends...normally I just post this on The Kitchen Table, but I thought I'd share this week with you to entice you to pop over and share your pics with us on a regular basis.)

Comments (51)

• lgmd_gaz
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Took this picture a couple years ago. A circle of Larvae. It was in constant motion going round and round, but getting nowhere.

"The circles apparently form when the leading larvae mistakenly hooks up with the larvae at the tail of the “rope”, forming an endless loop"

• eld6161
    2 years ago

• maire_cate
    2 years ago

Glendalough, Ire

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago

The beige tan part is the focal point :-)

• jrb451
    2 years ago

Woke up one morning to find an almost 3 foot tall section of bark stripped from around the base of a large Sweet Gum tree near the lake, exposing the cambium. Not sure the tree will survive. We’ve had some beaver damage before but not this severe and it’s usually confined to River Birches. I set up a couple of game cameras but never caught the culprit.

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

• nhbaskets
    2 years ago

A bunch of comfy beige cuteness.

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

Nittany Lion

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

• bbstx
    2 years ago

A ceiling in The Alhambra, Granada, Spain. May 2019

• rubyclaire
    2 years ago

Waiting for a friend at one of my favorite lunch spots...May 2021.

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

Before we closed on the sell of our home (two houses ago), I went through and took photos of things I would miss. I found this wood and tin shutter at a local antique store and had it made into a door to hide the TV equipment. I wish I could have taken it with me.

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

Twofer day for me. As I looked for the above photo, I ran across Sherman on his last day. Such a sweet boy. Brown Tabbies are the sweetest.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

Poodle puppies.

DD’s puppy:

My puppy:

• party_music50
    2 years ago

Beautiful photos, everyone!

I had trouble finding much 'tan/beige' in my existing photos, then this jumped out at me. We were playing a pretty little non-irrigated par-3 near the end of September last year, and it was a gorgeous day!

One more! This is one of my favorite baskets... it took 1st place at the NYS Fair and once it was returned to me I started carrying it to work every day. Great basket! Large enough to hold lunch, water, snacks, work-related materials, and a change of clothes for golf. :O)

• Funkyart
    2 years ago

My sweet Beauregard .. .affectionately known as Beau and "BoBo". He was with me for almost 18 years-- and estimated to have been 2 yo when I adopted him-- so he lived a very long and joyful life!

He's a bit porky here-- but still running and playing as an old man! ~16 yo

(I adopted Grace soon after this photo .. he trimmed up nicely with the extra exercise a playmate provided)

• Oakley
    2 years ago

Another hard one. I hope the box in this picture qualifies.

Lizzie in the Box

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

My darling grandbaby, India. She was the top Tibetan Spaniel in the country for at least 5 years, under a different name though, before her breeder/owner (our good friend) gifted her to our daughter. She came with 105 First Place and Best in Show ribbons. India is a little sweetheart.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

It's hard to tell....but...Rufous females have tan sides with grey tummies. Taken yesterday.. (The background is tan)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer...he's adorable! WOW! Puppy cuteness!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

My DDs and I spent a weekend in Soho and happened upon a wonderful thrift shop where I got this Halston cashmere coat, and they got a bunch of stuff . They wear the coat, too. They thought it was so cool that it was from the '80s. Woo...

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    2 years ago

What a beautiful photo, Allison

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Yes, Allison, it is like a formal portrait.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Dining chair that I designed, with beige silk upholstered seat.

• Summer
    2 years ago

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

I love this bowl. I met the man who made it and we've become friends.

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

And another post, my guest bathroom cabinets. Actually, all the cabs in the house (except for my kitchen) are this color, although only a few have these punched tin decorative inserts.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    2 years ago

Animal pelts at a market in Bergen, Norway

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

Kathsgrdn, that is so cool! I'm glad I clicked on it to see it in total. So clever! That's why I hate that houzz shrinks the photos. Why do they do that?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

i agree, the photos used to be far better!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

Thanks Nicole. The 1st pic is DD's puppy, the 2nd pic is mine. DD got homesick when she went to med school far away at age 20, so she bought a puppy online. We picked up the puppy from the breeder and potty trained him for her. I thought the puppy would be back to us in no time, she couldn't handle a dog on her own. But that never happened. Lol I missed her puppy so much, so I got one for myself. :-)

• nicole___
    2 years ago

summersrhythm.....Saturday we were out getting kitty litter & there was an adoption fare. They had four Great Danes.....I wanted to take ALL four! Why have a BIG house if it's not full of love? But hubby said no......:0( I get YOU!

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    2 years ago

This is Chuck, my DS & DIL's English Mastiff.

• sealavender
    2 years ago

Lots of tan here in the sand...

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

I hear you. You could hide 4 of them easily in your big house........ :-)

• nicole___
    2 years ago

summer...IF I could LIKE your comment ten times I would! ♥ ♥ ♥

• chloebud
    2 years ago

@Funkyart, I love the photos of Beau. Wow, almost 18 years!

Simple scones...

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

I enjoy seeing the varitey of subjects.

Thank you, @seagrass_gw Cape Cod and @mtnrdredux_gw I easily take 100 photos on their last day. DD2 worked at a vet clinic for several years. Sherman came in as a stray hold. I had lost my Brown Tabby she took home from a gas station and felt like Sherman would be a good fit at our house. She finds/selects the best pets!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Funky,

Our Golden is umm, well, Rubenesque. She has been losing but slowly. Whenever DH takes her to the vet and they put her on the scale, they will ask how she is taking off the weight. DH, who knows all the buzzwords from me, will look them straight in the eye and confide "portion control" or "mindful eating"... "whole30" or "weights." They always get a laugh.

• localeater
    2 years ago

Iced coffee, hits the spot(and its beigish, I think)

• cawaps
    2 years ago

Photos from some recent trips and outings.

Great Blue Heron at Coyote Hills Regional Park

Wind caves at Mt. Diablo state park

Eastern Oregon, at Crack-in-the-Ground

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

Another color that’s a challenge. Walls in half bath. I found the wall decorations at the antique mall. My mother had the exact same set. Don’t know what happened to hers.

• cleopatra66
    2 years ago

Peru potato farming 2018

Luray Caverns, VA 2019

RIP RBG 2020

• jakabedy
    2 years ago

My mom and me, ca. 1966.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

Over 2000 years old

• texanjana
    2 years ago

• happy2b…gw
    2 years ago

Hike in the wetlands last fall.

• talaveran
    2 years ago

Window from old Dripping Springs resort hotel up in the Organ Mountains Desert Peaks National Monument - also an old TB sanatorium ruin nearby.

and a beige sotol bloom at the nearby Cueva Mine Trail.

• roy4me
    2 years ago

Scarecrow at Cambria ,California during Scarecrow Festival