SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Dog at the vet tonight

Kathsgrdn
2 years ago

Chewie, that is. Had to leave him overnight for observation. I took him in today, only appointment they had open was late afternoon. I warned them that he might bite them if they touched his foot/leg so they took him back to examine him and put a muzzle on him. Poor guy wouldn't tolerate that so they had to sedate him and vet told me even through the sedation he tensed up. ) : They had to keep him overnight because it was so late in the afternoon. He has severe osteoarthritis of the hips and they think a bone fragment broke off and that is why he has this sudden pain. He never showed any sign of pain before this. I actually thought he did something to his foot. I guess it could have been much worse, but he will need pain medication. I had been giving him and Emily both Nutramax for their joints since they are both pretty old but the last time it ran out I kept forgetting to buy another bottle, so will do that and he'll be getting Ibuprofen.

I also asked the vet about Emily. She has been having a harder time getting up off the floor. This morning I had to lift her up and she was really unsteady until she got to the back door. He put her on Tramadol to see if it helps her mobility. If not, I am considering letting her go to doggy heaven. She's already using the bathroom on puppy pads in the house early in the morning or at night because she can't see well in the dark and won't go out. I don't want her to have to lay in it if I'm not home. I won't let it get to that point.

Comments (16)