SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trophyhome_restoration

Leaky Roof after new shingles were installed

I live in an 'old' house that was not very well cared for. The original home was built in 1940 and has had several add ons that do not make sense with the roofs to prove it. The original house has a 10/12 pitch and the other roofs vary from hip in the back of the house, and then a dormer in the front with an open deck upstairs that I never use, and then another silly roof that does not make any sense why it was even built.

I just had new asphalt shingles layed over the existing roll roofing that the last roofer 'fixed' and sealed. The roof portion that was shingled is over the upstairs bathroom which when it has rained in the past, flooded the bathroom and then the water ended up in the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom. So, now I have two bathrooms that need to be gutted and sheetrocked and possibly new subfloor and tile. Anyway, I just got the roof done last week and it rained yesterday; the bathroom leaked AGAIN! Not very much but I could see that a couple of rafters had water dripping. I got about a half cup of water.

There is another roof that is higher than this roof. Do you suppose the leak is coming from the roof that was not shingled? I'm just glad that I did not install the sheetrock just yet. Can anyone help?

Comments (3)