SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarasmom

Help with adequate countertop space

tarasmom
2 years ago

Hi, I am on the last phase of kitchen renovations and I’m wondering about my island prep space. Before renovation I had a peninsula that was 84” x 32”. The peninsula was my prep area and where I would lay out all my food for get togethers, it did not have seating.
I decided to go with an island instead for better flow and I’m questioning my plans to put seating on the back side of my prep space. There are sometimes more than 1 person preparing food and then to add to the chaos if I put seating on the backside of multiple cooks prep space is that going to feel too crowded? I could add extra length for seating at the end but I’m also worried about being locked in to that extra long island

Right now my dimension are planned out as 44 deep x 66 long that will give us room for 3 stools and I can still have my small table in the space. That will be two barstools on the back side and one on the end. I’m just concerned I’m really going to miss all the prep space for multiple cooks and being able to lay out all the ingredients needed. Is it going to feel too crowded with people sitting and eating or visiting while I’m prepping?

Comments (9)