SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texmax13

Questions about rugs and drapes

texmax13
2 years ago

Hi! in the process of redecorating (paint, rug, pillow, drapes and coffee/end tables) and I’m stumped on the appropriate rug size for my small open floor plan living area. The sofa is dark brown and the floors are quite dark, so I’d like to break things up with a lighter, larger rug than I currently have. The living area is right when you walk in the front door, there is a powder room to the right and a peninsula counter top with 3 barstools right off the side of the sofa, so I cant extend the rug too far. I have measured things out and have 3 options for sizes/layouts:

8x10 - front legs of sofa and love seat, centered to the sofa

9’6”x13” - sofa and loveseat fully on but not centered to the sofa and pushed all the way to the window wall

10x10 - square sofa fully on and centered with front legs of love seat on

As far as the window coverings are concerned; I’m taking the verticle blinds off the sliding glass door and replacing with drapes. Do I also need to put drapes on the window beside it? If so, can i use rhe blindes with the drapes or should I remove them? These are literally the only 2 window “downstairs” and they are north facing. The ceiling above the slider is open to the upstairs, so that wall is about 18’ high and there are 2 windows without coverings up there.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!