Sunday's Brain Game-----SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

An easy one with a bonus

Comments (51)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

I got them all but C1, and think I may have the bonus, but it's not making enough sense yet, so I probably don't have it.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

All except A2 on the first run through. And I too have something for the bonus, but not too sure of it.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Have them all except the bonus.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Sometimes a step away is all it takes. Got A2 the second I came back.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Oh got C1...duh!!

• msrose
    2 years ago

I just discovered the Kitchen Table and these brain games. I've been looking for ways to exercise my old brain, so I love this!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

These all seem way too easy, I must not have them right. A2 is worded a bit differently then it's usually said around here, though, so maybe I have it wrong. But can't come up with anything else that fits. No luck with the bonus yet. It's only showing the top half of the word, but when I click on it to enlarge, it shows the whole word. Does that have anything to do with the answer?

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

Rusty, I usually say the one you do, but I have heard the other, so that is probably the answer.

C1 took me a minute, but I like it.

The bonus, though. It looks like it should be easy, which is probably why I haven’t gotten it.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

So far A2, C1 & the bonus are stumping me...

• lily316
    2 years ago

A2 and C1 at first glance but got the rest at first glance.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Warning: might include a hint:

I have all including the bonus (which was easy for me this time) except for A2. I'll have to look at it again later. For C1, I usually think of Johnson instead of Kennedy, but I still got it quickly.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I keep hearing Kristen Chenoweth when I try to figure out the bonus.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

This Canadian got C1 almost before I had finished reading it. ;)

bpath - is that a hint for the bonus?

• lily316
    2 years ago

Still blank about A2 and C1.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I finally got A2, and it was much simpler than I expected. It did require for me to stop looking and return later.

Lily, I gave a clue for C1. The puzzle works for both Kennedy and Johnson.

I've never heard of Kristen Chenoweth, and so that clue is lost on me, but for me the answer came quickly.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Blfenton, it's not a hint because I don't have an answer yet! But as I go through the steps of trying to solve it, the words bring to mind a song she and Idina Menzel sang on Broadway.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Just got C1 & A2 😊

• lily316
    2 years ago

I either get them in a mini second like BOOM or not at all. C1 and A2 are like that. The clues are not helping my fried brain.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Okay, a lightbulb went off with C1. Hoping one will go off for A2.

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

I have all except the bonus.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

The trick for A2 is figuring out what 2 words are shown.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Any hints for the bonus?

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I have all except the bonus, too.

For those struggling with A2 - at first glance, I was seeing a word that wasn't there because my brain had added a letter when I first looked at it....once I stopped trying to include that word in a popular phrase, it came to me easily.

• Lars
    2 years ago

As a hint for the bonus, think of different prepositions. That is providing that I got it correct.

• satine100
    2 years ago

Finally got A2. Now for the bonus.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I've already googled scads of prepositions and just can't find one that fits. I will probably kick myself when the answer is revealed.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

POSSIBLE HINT for the bonus: if I’m right it’s kind of rhymey.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Also still stuck on the bonus - no idea!

• User
    2 years ago

There’s no end to the enjoyment doing these puzzles 😉 If I’m correct, that’s a hint for the bonus.

Thanks, Jasdip.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I think my brain must be completely worn out. I've finally come up with two possibilities for the bonus, one is entirely too obvious, the other is too far-fetched, so, I'm giving up on the bonus. And I don't usually give up! At least not easily! The clues aren't helping, either. I'll probably be kicking myself all over when the solution is given.

Sigh. . . . . .

Rusty

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

You and me both, Rusty...

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas, rhymey? Hmmmmmm! and roxsol, no end to enjoyment? Hmmmmmmmmmm! Aargh! This is driving me crazy! (it’s a short trip . . . )

• matthias_lang
    2 years ago

Oh, my gosh, I think I finally got the bonus. And agree with the need to focus on prepositions...and spelling. But I see no rhymey stuff, no endless enjoyment. Sorry.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I still have no idea what the bonus is, but now I can't stop singing the preposition song I learned in the 3rd grade. So thanks for that.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

No enjoyment in the bonus. It's actually sad.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I finally got A2. I should have gotten it yesterday as I was half way there.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Sad… ok, got it. Not rhymey.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I think I got the bonus finally! ! ! ! Thank you, Jasdip, that hint did it! ! And it's so easy! ! (If I'm right, that is.)

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

Hmm. I guess I have to rethink my bonus answer. I have a rhymy one and another one but neither is sad.

• User
    2 years ago

Okay, got another answer for the bonus. LOL

I suppose it could be sad, depending on the circumstances.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

SOB if you must.

Little Richard

Etched in stone

Three coins in the fountain

Foreign currency

Babes in toyland

Sixteen candles

Kennedy Space Center

Deep in thought

Ladies in waiting

To be or not to be

Five pounds overweight

For richer, for poorer

and......tada!!!!

Goodbye forever

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Got everything except the bonus which I would never have figured out.

Fun as always Jasdip.

• User
    2 years ago

My first guess for the bonus was eternal bliss, then with the rhymy clue I thought endless bliss. Once Jasdip, said it was sad, I finally got it and it definitely is the best answer.

eta but not necessarily sad.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

My rhymy comment was for ”forever good together” which sounded catchy but doesnt seem to show up as a common phrase.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I would have never figured out the bonus. I’ve never heard the phrase. And the clue about prepositions and rhyming confused me even more. But oh well, it was still fun.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Dang, ”by”. That’s the preposition I didn’t try. I love a tough one that has me working hard!

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

I never did figure out the bonus, but I had all of the others right.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I went through all of the prepositions trying to replace ”for”. No wonder I couldn’t get it - ha!

Still….I’m pretty impressed with myself for remembering that grade school song, which was set to the tune of Battle Hym of the Republic.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Well, I got them all right, thanks to Jasdip's 'sad' hint. I'd been trying to make it more complicated than it was, as usual. The hints about prepositions confused me even more. But it's really fun when the lightbulb finally lights up! Even when it makes me feel like a real dunce for not getting it quicker.

Rusty

• lily316
    2 years ago

Didn't get the bonus and still don't see how that's the answer. And I never got A2. I got the etched part but didn't connect the stone. All the others I got instantly at first sight. Funny how that works.