SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Stamped concrete coloration problem

nhb22
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Well, I WAS very pleased with the stamped concrete job from a very reputable area company. Both the back and front porches of my new home were done. The concrete is level except for the needed slight dip running toward the outside edges of the porches. The stamping job is excellent! The coloring is perfect with my brick, etc. Then yesterday, when I saw the L shaped front porch after the sealer had been put on, my stomach dropped!!! Take a look at the below photos.

Can anything be done to fix this short of redoing the entire porch?

Before: The day of porch pour as it was still drying, and 2 days before any antiquing and sealer. Notice the difference in color from the foreground to the background.

After antiquing and sealer: 3 days later. The porch was also scored. What looks to be sealer overrun on the lighter portion is actually concrete overrun from the 2nd pour. Both areas are antiqued and sealed at the same time and with the same coloring.

Note: When I arrived on site, I was made aware that the front porch had to have two separate pours. We arrived after the second half had just been poured, and of course, the one side was darker and still drying. I was told that it would dry the same color. Nothing was said about a possibility that the two pours could turn out differently once they were dry. We did not see the porch for 4 more days.

Again, can anything be done to fix this? Very disappointed!

Comments (15)