SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_244017080

About this mark in the shower stall, what is it and how do I clean it?

HU-244017080
2 years ago

Dear Houzz,

For several months I've had this orange-ish-brown mark on my shower stall wall. It aligns or corresponds to the position of the plastic shower curtain. Sometimes the leftmost part of the plastic curtain touches this part of the shower stall wall. I'm used to mold or mildew being dark brown or black. So, I'm wondering what this mark is and how to clean it or get rid of it. I know it doesn't look very orange in the photo but that is the way it appears in-person.

One thing to keep in mind is that I have to use a cleaner that is friendly to people with asthma and allergies as I pay rent for a room in a home, my landlord lives in and owns that same home, and her boyfriend lives with her. Both her and her boyfriend are in their 70's and have a medical history of allergies and asthma. Although she has not really specified other cleaning products for the bathroom, she has definitely told me to absolutely NOT use Lysol.

So, again, the questions are 1. What is this orange-ish brown mark and 2. How do I clean it or get rid of it?

Thanks you for your help! :)

sincerely,

Scott M.

Lincoln, Ca.

Comments (3)