SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mr_bill_m

Aughhhh! Why do I always do this?!

Bill M.
2 years ago

I can't leave my plants alone. I guess I'm a helicopter parent when it comes to taking care of them. I have to check on them several times a day, almost like an obsession. (It is an obsession!) The other night I was again watching over them, looking for the smallest millimeter of growth. I saw one of my many NOIDs starting to push out the tiniest growth point. Unfortunately, it was tangled with a nearby plant, so I decided to move it to give it more room.After all, new growth needs to spread it's wings and grow unencumbered.

Very gingerly I picked up the pot, removed the other vine from the NOID, and started to place it back in it's growing place. I am super careful making sure nothing touches new growth. As I'm placing it back, I noticed a tiny droplet of white sap. Yep, you guessed it, exactly where the new growth point was supposed to be! The new vine was no longer. Somehow, somewhere I must have given it the slightest touch against another plant and it broke off! Aughhhh!

I sometimes wonder how these plants ever managed to survive in the wilderness. Wind blowing on them constantly, rain hitting the growth points. Bugs, animals leaping from one plant to the next destroying new growth, birds jumping on and pooping on the new delicate vines. How do they manage to survive when all I need do is look at a new vine popping up and whack! It's disappeared!

This is so frustrating. now I'll probably need to wait for months again while the plant punishes me for trying to assist it.

Ever happen to any of you?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!