SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Sunday's blooms

As expected, our torrential rain on early Saturday morning after a dry spell made the flowers wonderful today. Unfortunately, it was so humid and we didn't get to see them until afternoon. The temperature wasn't so high, but the humidity was awful. I didn't get many pictures.

Extreme Tangerine had its first flower of the season open. The sepals might have been damaged by the rain. I saw some damage that suggested we might have had some hail Saturday morning.

This is Gary Lynn's Autumn Gold.

Gripping Power is not a very good grower for us.

Bob enjoys an orange bitone. This is Piece of the Action.

Tramps Like Us has taken its sweet time getting established. It finally is blooming.

Rocky Mountain Sunrise is a great grower and has a bunch of buds. We wish it were a bit taller.

I'm not sure I would call this seedling Queen of the garden, but it shows a new direction for our hybridizing efforts. We are working on tall and small diploids. This is Little Donny Darko X Night Dreams. This is our first year to see diploid seedlings bloom in any great number.

That's all for today. I think the weather is going to be cooler this week. I am looking forward to that.

Nancy

Comments (7)