SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

What's For Breakfast?

I had not had this in months, had French toast and sausages. I had maple syrup with it and iced tea. Did you have breakfast and what did you have?

Sue

Comments (48)

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    2 years ago

Just eggs and toast this morning. Heating water for poached eggs now.

• aok27502
    2 years ago

Currently eating two slices of 12 grain bread with avocado. Two cups of coffee are history.

• satine100
    2 years ago

So far enjoying a cup of coffee. I am trying to reduce my carb intake and my usual toast with peanut butter isn't happening. Im not sure since Im out of yogurt and had eggs yesterday. Have a good day.

• lucillle
    2 years ago

Omelette, black coffee.

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

Not yet. Probably a banana to start and something else later.....I haven't figured out what it will be.

• bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

large coffee, 40 oz., with cream.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    2 years ago

Today was a light breakfast day, just a bowl of cereal with our fresh blueberries, + coffee.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Bob's Red Mill multigrain cereal with flax. I added a touch of maple flavoring to make it more interesting.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Oat cereal with fresh local,strawberries. two cups of coffee.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

A homemade frozen sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast burrito.

• Judy Good
    2 years ago

Pig in blanket, just made last night. These are a "Dutch" sausage wrapped in crust.

• katlan
    2 years ago

Everything bagel with cream cheese and coffee.

• fran1523
    2 years ago

Cheerios with a sliced banana and coffee.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

So far, a hard boiled egg, some strawberries, some cherries, and a stalk of asparagus from the garden.

ETA: just had some cottage cheese with some more strawberries from the garden.

• artemis_ma
    2 years ago

Soft boiled eggs and 2 slices of pan fried bacon. Nothing fancy today.

• cooper8828
    2 years ago

Black coffee and grits. I'll probably have some yogurt later this morning.

• User
    2 years ago

Coffee. Strong, black, hot coffee. Just coffee. Although now my stomach is grumbling......... is 9:25 in the morning too late for brekkie? Or is it brunch now?

ETA: someone mentioned boiled eggs. I now have 2 eggs cooking. Will have them on toast. :)

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Stopped on the way home from running the park and picked up chocolate chip cookies with M & M's. I ate 2!

• CA Kate z9
    2 years ago

Scrambled Egg, English Muffin with Marmalade, and bleack Tea.

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

Just woke up, slept too long. Stok iced coffee and either a mini waffle and bacon or leftover tamale pie I made yesterday. I froze most of the tamale pie for lunch meals. The waffle is sounding better and I need to use up the mix I made or freeze it.

• maifleur03
    2 years ago

Friends insisted that they share various tropical fruits with me for the green stuff from my CSA that I can not eat. This morning it was rambutan, frozen blueberries, some other type of round fruit whose name escapes me and a slice of what is sold as swiss cheese at my grocery store. Since I have never found holes on the inside I have my doubts as to what it is.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Grits baked with egg, cheese, sausage, peppers, garlic, and herbs. I add Cajun seasoning to my grits as well as chicken broth and hot chilies. I prefer to use chocolate Habanero chilies (half of one is enough), but I often use chile de arbol instead, since I always have those on hand. I generally put three of those, as that would equal the heat of one half of a chocolate Habanero chili. Chocolate Habanero is hotter than regular Habanero, but not all that much.

I also had English Breakfast tea, but it was not particularly bleak😉.

• stacey_mb
    2 years ago

I'm coming to your house for breakfast tomorrow, Lars! lol!

My breakfast was spoon sized shredded wheat, milk, orange, sliced banana and coffee. Will be eating lighter today, since I overate yesterday at dinnertime with a teenburger and onion rings from A&W. Then two bowls of ice cream.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Lars.....Make enough for three please! Stacey and I are hungry! ☺

• satine100
    2 years ago

I ended up having three apricots and some strawberries. That and a cup of coffee held me until Lunch.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    2 years ago

Zucchini nut bread with a slather of Kate's of Maine sweet butter and a mug of stong black Scottish breakfaskt tea with sugar and milk.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I had 2 slices of country grain bread from our local bakery toasted, and inside sliced avocado and a slice of swiss cheese (with the holes) and coffee.

• lisa_fla
    2 years ago

Thats funny-I was craving french toast too, so thats what i had i have that only a couple of times a year i washed it down with my leftover drink from this morning's walk -water with fresh watermelon from my immersion pitcher

• Islay Corbel
    2 years ago

Tea, then toast and coffee.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Same as every day. Coffee, OJ, panini on organic, seeded bread with egg, mozzarella cheese, and half an avocado. A large bowl of cherries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries.

• lindac92
    2 years ago

Toast and coffee....home made bread

• Yayagal
    2 years ago

Black coffee and one egg omelet.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    2 years ago

Today was western style scrambled eggs day, w/ham, onions, peppers, & cheese. Toast with blueberry jam, + bacon, coffee & orange juice..

2 years ago

More strawberries and cherries from the garden, another hardboiled egg (I steamed half a dozen the other day), and tea.

• jill302
    2 years ago

Today plain Greek yogurt and berries and a cup of coffee with cream.

• stacey_mb
    2 years ago

Getting my veggies for breakfast - a sauteed potato, sugar snap peas and grape tomato with a yogurt dipping sauce. An orange and coffee.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    2 years ago

Capuccino and half a cantaloupe. The capuccino was from Starbucks, so lots of milk, a splurge for me calorically.

• bragu_DSM 5
    2 years ago

today, a three-egg, farm-fresh egg, omelet with anything but bagel seasoning and swiss cheese wrapped in a toasted flour tortilla ...

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

Strawberries and blueberries with a cup of black coffee.

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

Today....banana and cheese toast....and vitamins.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    2 years ago

Today had a buttered and toasted slice of sourdough bread with coffee.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Potato frittata - similar to a Spanish tortilla, but I make this with onion, red bell pepper, chilies de arbol, potatoes, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese (Jack inside, Cheddar on top), and 8-10 eggs. I used two pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes in this one. This is a non-stick pan, which I bought specifically for frittatas, and it has an all metal handle so that it can go into the oven.

I didn't photograph it after I cut it, as I did not think it was that interesting. I used to make this in cast iron, and it would always partially stick to the pan.

Notice my new refrigerator hooks, for holding my oven mitts and favorite spatulas. These are the ones I used for serving the frittata, as they do not harm the non-stick surface.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Some of these breakfasts are mind blowing! I suppose you get used to it but I couldn't face those huge meals at that time of day. Do you eat again that day? How on earth do you move for the rest of the day? And how do you have time and motivation to do all that prep and cooking first thing in the morning?

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    2 years ago

That is an odd collection of question marks above. Clearly this is a small slice in ones day and not every day. 40+ posts and mostly simple half avocado, fruit, toast, and an egg. When we make grits/polenta, the rest goes in a small mini bread pan to solidify for another breakfast/lunch to be pan seared. I make a frittata once, sometimes twice a month. Often for dinner but after a long work week it can be a nice sunday brunch...serves 6-8 depending on the amount of eggs and also keeps fine in the fridge for next day lunch.

This is a cross post with the cooking forum so tossing a breakfast together is no biggie.

We had a big salad for dinner last night but not that hungry spending the morning in the garden and it got hot so just some fruit and an giant iced tea was fine. Not every day is carb loaded.

We might do a frittata, waffles, corn cakes, hash browns, omelette, ....once twice a year but most when we have weekend overnight guests or pre-covid a brunch out meeting friends.

Most in the cooking forum and kitchenTable can regulate their intake depending on the meals the day before or 'what's for dinner'.

I'm prepping a small rack of ribs and a few salmon fillets to go on the smoker. (smoked salmon for tomorrows Sunday brunch). I would make a small frittata but i only have two eggs at the moment.

In my home and most here, a breakfast is using your larder and fridge without waste. Ripe avocado, bingo. Fruit, yogurt, granola...english muffin, toast, an egg.

A frittata can serve many...a meal for brunch...light dinner folowing.

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    2 years ago

This is from the 'English Breakfast Society'. Clearly cannot eat this load every day....

LINK

And what is most common when dining out in the US...

HERE

After a brunch meeting friends, no need for dinner....

2 years ago

Yesterday I was craving sauerkraut, so I cooked two Hebrew National low fat hot dogs (an impulse buy from the day before as was some rye bread - hmm maybe I was really craving salt?) and had them on the rye bread with sauerkraut, some dill pickle, a handful of fresh spinach, and Woeber's spicy brown mustard. Followed by a slice of chocolate cream pie. Lately my breakfasts have been happening between 12 - 1 PM.

Today it was a mix of spinach, rocket (from the garden, it really has a bite!) and cole slaw mix with 2 chopped hard boiled eggs, a spoonful of cottage cheese, and just enough low fat ranch dressing to moisten/flavor - again on the rye bread. That will probably hold me until after 6 or 7pm.

Lars I love a good Spanish potato tortilla. A couple of years ago Kroger was periodically doing "Taste of" various countries - they brought in some frozen ones that were really darn good. After they started clearancing them I bought several for the freezer. Wish they still carried them.

• perennialfan275
    2 years ago

I'm amazed no one mentioned oatmeal in this thread. You can add your favorite types of fruit to it, a little brown sugar, nuts (i like to add chopped walnuts or pecans sometimes), and of course a little milk. If there's any left you can refrigerate it and reheat the next morning for an easy breakfast.