SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_202682367

Marvin Ultimate vs Pella Reserve

L Schatz
2 years ago

We are doing a small addition to the back of house and selected Marvin Ultimates based upon the architect’s recommendation and their quality/high reviews. We need casements, a French door and 16ft wide x 8ft tall sliding doors. We also plan to replace all of the existing windows (double hung) in our home.

Our builder is recommending we switch to Pella Reserve because Marvin is at 18 weeks to deliver vs Pella Reserve at 5 weeks. I love Marvin Ultimates, but that delivery time puts us into late October. The addition will be brick so we need to do that before winter.

Pella Reserve has only been available for 2 years and I cannot find any reviews specifically on this line. Pella salesman says they are all extruded aluminum and equivalent to Ultimates. The Pella quote is also more expensive than Marvin. Is it worth it to pay more for Pella and get them 3 months earlier? With Pella we will be without a kitchen for 6 months. Marvin will be 9 months. I need to make the decision quickly if we go with Marvin and get them ordered. Thanks for any advise.

Comments (10)