SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulu_smith2

Reflooring Lanai

Louise Smith
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm in central Florida with a lanai, pool, and screen enclosure. The pool and pool decking are fine, but the lanai flooring needs to be redone.

The lanai currently has a pebbly floor which I hate - hurts my feet when walking barefoot! I've attached a picture of the floor overall and a detail of the pebbly thing. The bottom picture is a detail of the brown floor in the top picture. (Note: I have a pebble filled drainage ditch between the lanai floor and the pool deck to the right.

Is stamped concrete a good replacement for the floor? Looking for something easy to maintain, cool on feet, and lasts.

Comments (5)

• LINDA
    2 years ago

On our lanai we have concrete with a tin set poured and carved to look like stone and then they did the paint job to make it look like stone. Around our pool we used pavers. The thin set is not hot at all.

Louise Smith thanked LINDA
  • chispa
    2 years ago

Look at Shellock pavers from Artistic Pavers. They are in FL.

https://www.artisticpavers.com/shellock

Good friends had them on their lanai and around the pool for over 10 years and were really happy with them. They recently moved and used these pavers again for their new lanai.

My sisters new neighborhood in FL also used these pavers around their clubhouse and community pool. They seem to stay cooler than other materials and less prone to staining.

Louise Smith thanked chispa
  • Louise Smith
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I've tried searching the internet for comparisons of materials. I can't seem to find people to discuss this because they only discuss what they sell. I tried contacting Kool Deck but the regional managers don't call back and I can't find local suppliers.

When I mention stamped concrete to my neighbors, they mention Kool Deck but no one can give me a supplier's name. Is Kool Deck a type of stamped concrete?

• Louise Smith
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I don't want pavers. I have them in my driveway and I prefer a solid surface for the lanai floor.

• itsourcasa
    2 years ago

We had a chattahoochee pool deck at our first house (hated it too), we had it redone and they put pavers right over it, looked great.