SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sara_miranda82

Everything is so dark...so much wood...so much green

Sara Miranda
2 years ago

I am renting an adorable little cottage in a beautiful area but every wall and ceiling is dark wood and the tile, rugs and counters are dark green and there are black plastic shades on the windows. The worst part is that the kitchen and bathroom wood is painted an avocado green as well.

Keep in mind I'm renting so I'm limited to what I can do, nothing permanent. I can't do everything at once, budget-wise, but I am first prioritizing all white curtains and fabric shades for every window, then huge light rugs to cover the green, maybe jute? It's just upsetting feeling like I can't just buy things that I like, I have to fight the existing dark elements. For example, I found this adorable red and white cross-hatch couch but it will look like Christmas year-round with that green.

Any and all ideas welcome. I've still got boxes everywhere so I'm including a photo of part of the living room from the listing, which looks far brighter than it is in person, but just to give you an idea of what I'm working with.

Help!

Comment (1)