SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodw

Bad backsplash and counter pairing. Help?

3 years ago

I moved into a house that was flipped so I have new countertops and backsplashes that I didn't pick out in my very large kitchen. I don't hate the counter (Butterly Beige Granite) even though it's not what I'd pick out but I really dislike the backsplash (American Olean Genuine Stone Pearl White.) I tried covering the black dots with white tape to see if painting the dots would help and it just looked awful. The variations in color are too widespread so it almost needs the dots to pull it together. I thought about trying gray or cream on the dots. I had planned to tear it out and redo after we moved in but the work and expense make me wonder if there is a cheaper solution. I've heard of painting with chalkboard paint but then it would be one color and it's an awfully large room. I'm afraid one color might be too much. Does anyone have any thoughts? I also plan to install an island with a butcher block top and don't know what color to paint the base. Thank you for any advice or opinions.

Comments (23)