SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
egirl0468

Fireplace Fiasco

egirl0468
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hey there everybody. We just bought a home that has a double cut out situation with a tandem entertainment area and fireplace. House was built in 2003, so it needs some updates. Let me also mention that we're going to be doing some extensive remodeling, expanding the kitchen, turning (this fireplace room) from a formal living room into the dining room because the house has an added 300 Sq. ft. family room off the back that we'll use for entertaining. That being said, I can picture (with new hardwood flooring) having my dining room in this room with the fireplace, but I absolutely dislike the double cut-outs and the weird molded "mantle." My taste is more modern farmhouse or french country. Wondering about closing up the left side (we won't need a T.V. in this room) and doing a different tile and mantle on the fireplace side? Try to picture the carpet gone and hardwood in place. Any creative ideas or suggestions are appreciated! This is my first post here (newbie alert), so I apologize for the long, rambling post. T.I.A. :) Erin P.S. Walls are drywall not stucco & these are FOR SALE pics -- not my decor. :)

Comments (10)