SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Could use some ideas

jojoco
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It's time to change out the chandelier in our foyer that came with the house. It's vintage 90's and while it still sort of, kind of works for the space, it's not adding anything. The chandelier is the only source of lighting in the foyer which is why it hangs so low. (We have plenty of recessed lighting above the staircase.) Yes, adding can lighting to the entrance area ceiling would work, but I'm not open to doing that right now and the chandelier lights up the lower space perfectly.

Here's the current set up:

And another view:

It's hard to tell, but the wall behind the settee is curved. Also, no one sits in the settee and despite the picture, it really doesn't feel like you're in imminent danger if you do.

My house is a blend of formal and not-so-formal (ie, the dining room to the right with its formal wallpaper and farm table.) I know dripping crystals would work, but I'd like something less Downton Abbey. My only other thought is to add shades to the current one. I've tried it before, but I think the shades (pinched from the dining room,) were too small.

I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Comments (67)