SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_528228756

Garage Openers and Home Automation (Google Assistant etc) Integration

HU-528228756
2 years ago

In specifying features for new custom home w/ attached garage and detached workshop I wanted openers that offered home automation integration like Google Assistant or Alexa etc.

I liked a lot of the feature of Liftmaster and Chamberlain and told our builder either of those would be fine. But upon closer inspection, I've found out that they charge a subscription fee (I believe it's $1/mo for lifetime) to enable this feature - otherwise it won't work after a free trial period ends.

So I came back to the builder and said the openers have to be Genie which offers home automation without a lifetime subscription.

I would prefer to have 1-brand of opener in the project. The shop opener needs to be a wall-mount unit (the door itself will have high-lift tracks) as I'm having the detached shop built w/ 10 foot walls and want to preserve overhead space for lifting a vehicle or other tall equipment.

So far Genie is my best choice or alternative to meet all these specs and not force a lifetime $1 a month cost.

Any other suggestions or options?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm